Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Sounds like the 4 for 2018 could be possibly from the Guard then,  if they will be singing and " moving on the field ". I kind of like that better than singers who are recruited to just sing in Drum Corps competitions and really just" park and bark" in one spot with their singing voices the entire show.

Holy Bass objects to your claim.

Among them, they consider themselves a wonderful quartet and one who is the designated driver.:unsure:

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

Or they may be people more like Broadway performers who can sing and also dance/move. 

Boston had great results this past year with a guard member who did her guard stuff and then her singing added so much to the show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Boston had great results this past year with a guard member who did her guard stuff and then her singing added so much to the show.

Agree. I loved BAC this year. She was excellent and added a LOT to a great show.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Safe travels, clear skies, and warm thoughts for all auditioning this weekend.

Dancers with the Community Dance Ensemble rehearse their routine for the upcoming Child and Family Agency fundraising kick-off event

Just watched the Weather Channel. You're all but guaranteed clear skies for Saturday but the only warmth you'll get are thoughts. 

18 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Just watched the Weather Channel. You're all but guaranteed clear skies for Saturday but the only warmth you'll get are thoughts. 

which is why the Cadets always did those high velocity drills. Too cold to stand around in those big Jersey parking lots with those off season winds blowing....

Wouldn't wanna be one of the the kids (my daughter included) whose HS bands are competing in V and VI Open class on Saturday night, and are staying over for auditions on Sunday. Awards START at 11:55 Saturday night. On the field, in the cold, after sitting around for three hours after their performance. Hell, they won't get to sleep until 2 AM, then up and on the field with HOP at 8 AM. Guess this will give 'em a taste of daily Drum Corps life...

6 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Wouldn't wanna be one of the the kids (my daughter included) whose HS bands are competing in V and VI Open class on Saturday night, and are staying over for auditions on Sunday. Awards START at 11:55 Saturday night. On the field, in the cold, after sitting around for three hours after their performance. Hell, they won't get to sleep until 2 AM, then up and on the field with HOP at 8 AM. Guess this will give 'em a taste of daily Drum Corps life...

Besides Pat's famous Ice Tea, Cadets vols make great hot chocolate.

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Besides Pat's famous Ice Tea, Cadets vols make great hot chocolate.

That won't help them on Saturday night! Us High School vols will try and keep them warm. Wonder if MetLife will allow us to use patio heaters or some other warming methods out in the lot...heck I'll bring a couple torpedo heaters from the shop!

1 hour ago, kkpjm16 said:

That won't help them on Saturday night! Us High School vols will try and keep them warm. Wonder if MetLife will allow us to use patio heaters or some other warming methods out in the lot...heck I'll bring a couple torpedo heaters from the shop!

just borrow BACs fire from last summer if they didn't sell it some band.

Gee. these noobies.

BITD when DCI did Championships in Montreal, PQ on August 15th, we didn't have any heaters as it snowed for sound tests in the Olympic Stadium. DCI has gotten so Texas. They want everything 125 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by xandandl