Cadets 2018

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wasn't that snowy here. maybe 2 inches

Yep... it was so bad that it slowed us down from 65 MPH to 60 on Rte. 283.  LOL.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep... it was so bad that it slowed us down from 65 MPH to 60 on Rte. 283.  LOL.

And that drop in speed was do to those in front of you slowing down.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wasn't that snowy here. maybe 2 inches

Ah yes, Spirit of Atlanta hogged it all with their 10 inches. Even San Antonio, Texas got more than 2 inches. 

I guess all those Pennsylvania politicians in Harrisburg picking on the Little Sisters of the Poor plus Hop Talks and Ream Rants were more than enough hot air to push the snow away from camp this weekend.

P.S. and presuming the predictable Ream response (as he always wants the last word) that would be Xandandl's Xtras, or the B corps, Xandandl's Xstreams.)

Edited by xandandl

10 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Looks like the four vocalists have been selected; and among them is a certain redhead we know BACK for a second season (along with another Holy Voice vet), and two new members! Best of luck to them.

Here's hoping that his summer season is another High Point.

Holy Voice. I like that.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Holy Voice. I like that.

We flew home last night from camp, shuttled a few folks to/from the airport as well.  The MMs are really excited for the show this year, and they should be, the concept is great and the almost two minutes or so they had down by "show and tell" was impressive progress for an audition camp in early December.   I am a horn line guy so there was much to love sitting and watching their rehearsals, brass staff was great with the kids and the horn book that Drew is putting together shows great promise.  There is nothing more drum corps than a big horn entrance that incorporates a smoking hot mellophone run!

Unfortunately with two separate audition sites this year there was great competition for very few open horn spots, so my kid was asked to march C2.  As my son doesn't want to step backwards to DCA, this is our last Cadets camp for the year, so I will miss not being able to follow this more closely. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mkelley said:

We flew home last night from camp, shuttled a few folks to/from the airport as well.  The MMs are really excited for the show this year, and they should be, the concept is great and the almost two minutes or so they had down by "show and tell" was impressive progress for an audition camp in early December.   I am a horn line guy so there was much to love sitting and watching their rehearsals, brass staff was great with the kids and the horn book that Drew is putting together shows great promise.  There is nothing more drum corps than a big horn entrance that incorporates a smoking hot mellophone run!

Unfortunately with two separate audition sites this year there was great competition for very few open horn spots, so my kid was asked to march C2.  As my son doesn't want to step backwards to DCA, this is our last Cadets camp for the year, so I will miss not being able to follow this more closely. 

Thanks for the insights. Good luck to you and your son. I get the sense he'll be back next season after some tweaking. I remember St. William's, Tewksbury well from my days with the Boston CYO circuits.

Edited by xandandl

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

earlier in the day 283 was a parking lot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ah yes, Spirit of Atlanta hogged it all with their 10 inches. Even San Antonio, Texas got more than 2 inches. 

I guess all those Pennsylvania politicians in Harrisburg picking on the Little Sisters of the Poor plus Hop Talks and Ream Rants were more than enough hot air to push the snow away from camp this weekend.

P.S. and presuming the predictable Ream response (as he always wants the last word) that would be Xandandl's Xtras, or the B corps, Xandandl's Xstreams.)

that was good! you made me laugh out loud!

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Holy Voice. I like that.

an alum i know last year called it Holy S**T LOL