Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, Brass34 said:

Pretty quiet off-season so far

As it should be, after last year....and previous years. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Pretty quiet off-season so far

Well one thread is not quite as quiet as others, but you are right, it has been pretty quiet so far.  I guess we all got conditioned to the cone of silence pretty quickly.  Things undoubtedly will start bubbling up once auditions are completed, contracts are offered and accepted and maps begin in earnest.  We are only about 17 weeks or so from ST starts.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to see that the Cadets will be on the West Coast this season.

I'm pretty sure that The Cadets will continue with the use of several new colors in their uniforms for the 2018 season.

But  the color blue won't be one of them.

But.... its just a hunch at the moment really.

Edited by BRASSO

Hah.  Just saw that flyer on Reddit.  People are overreacting, as they usually do with the Cadets.  Personally, I'm glad they're beating the bushes.  I don't know in what universe getting more people to come to camps and try drum corps is a *bad* thing, you know?

Mike

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Hah.  Just saw that flyer on Reddit. 

I know, I was just goofing off, saying that tongue in cheek, off that.... haha.

The hate on GH, Cadets can be a little excessive sometimes. Still not sure its good PR though for the Corps to be sending out flyers with that message on it... but its probably a 1 day story, in the end though, imo

• Like 1

1. Cadets camp this weekend will be auditioning for one snare spot remaining and several lead trumpets.
  2. GH's latest communication has the line set as 3 DMs, 4 vocalists, 76 horns, 36 guard, and 35 percussion.
  3. Aggressive push to fill remaining spots has upset the reddit rowdies especially those who like to wear blue.
  4. Son of Cadets past DM Chris Buck (89-90) now named assistant DM for Crown where Dad is on BoD and son has been a People''s Pit vet for a few years,
  5. Will Cadets need additional passports and visas now that "New California" has seceded as of yesterday from California? Tour includes both. Mudslides and fires were bad enough.

22 hours ago, MikeN said:

Hah.  Just saw that flyer on Reddit.  People are overreacting, as they usually do with the Cadets.  Personally, I'm glad they're beating the bushes.  I don't know in what universe getting more people to come to camps and try drum corps is a *bad* thing, you know?

Mike

i saw it and laughed.