Cadets 2018

Edited by boxingfred
Fixed problem with quote

On 2/18/2018 at 6:26 AM, 2000Cadet said:

I'm hoping for much, MUCH better year than 2017, 2016, and 2015 combined. I wish they would become competitive again. But time will tell.

I’m looking forward to a great season as well. But let’s not re-interpret history. 2015 WAS a competitive season for the Cadets. The “10” program was very competitive, if a bit flawed. I could be wrong - but I think the Cadets beat every other top corps that year at one time or another. The thrill that year was that the top 4 were shifting right up to a couple of weeks before the finals. Yeah... I’d take that in heartbeat. But I’d be really happy with a strong top 6 finish. The field will be much more competitive this year, I suspect. 

49 minutes ago, GlenI said:

I’m looking forward to a great season as well. But let’s not re-interpret history. 2015 WAS a competitive season for the Cadets. The “10” program was very competitive, if a bit flawed. I could be wrong - but I think the Cadets beat every other top corps that year at one time or another. The thrill that year was that the top 4 were shifting right up to a couple of weeks before the finals. Yeah... I’d take that in heartbeat. But I’d be really happy with a strong top 6 finish. The field will be much more competitive this year, I suspect. 

They were the favorite until the week of Atlanta when things got nuts.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boxingfred said:

I toured with The Cadets in 2016 and almost every year 2005-2016. Boston hired some GREAT instructors. Gino, Steve, Colin, Ian  and the rest are the best of the best when it comes to teaching.

I hear that.

Until that recent post on this thread, I've never heard anyone describe Gino as a "weak link" on any staff he's ever been on.  LOL.

IMO, he is one of the two or three top brass teachers in the business, and has been for many years, with several corps in DCI and DCA.  Any corps would be fortunate to have him on board.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, GlenI said:

I'll give you 2015 (until the end of the season), but everything else....ehhh...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FTNK said:

New YEA job openings...

a former student of mine just got hired in the office.