Cadets 2018

3 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Now THAT makes sense!  If it's about being stranded, we certainly don't want that!  I guess it's just the way it was worded.  Every area, every venue is a unique experience in and of itself.  :)

...and I'm sure they were looking forward to it - probably many of them have never been out there.   That, and design-wise anticipating early season reads against the Cali corps.

8 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

The problem with trying to add the Cadets to the Tour Premiere would be the timing of the show,primarily the Fathom broadcast.

With it being indoors,you can pretty much "lock down" its running time,so theaters can schedule after it.

Adding another corps not only increases the length of the show itself,but requires the announcers to spend time to address the "elephant in the room" in detail.

I would think that,now that they won't be on the West coast, the Cadets will now appear at their July 5 show.

According to the article, they'll be competing in the same number of shows as the original schedule, just in different locations.  Rumor has it they will be joining the Florida show & a few others.

Just now, c mor said:

...and I'm sure they were looking forward to it - probably many of them have never been out there.   That, and design-wise anticipating early season reads against the Cali corps.

Some of the current members are originally from the West Coast corps and were looking forward to seeing their old corps again.  Oh well.

23 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

According to the article, they'll be competing in the same number of shows as the original schedule, just in different locations.  Rumor has it they will be joining the Florida show & a few others.

Will be in 4 shows in New England too this summer... great news  for those of us on the East Coast.

Edited by BRASSO

54 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

I'm so excited! I will get to see the cadets LIVE now several times this summer to an already super lineup. :)

• Like 3

Valdosta GA, July 10.  Oh my.  I can feel myself melting just thinking about how hot it is there in July.

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The problem with trying to add the Cadets to the Tour Premiere would be the timing of the show,primarily the Fathom broadcast.

With it being indoors,you can pretty much "lock down" its running time,so theaters can schedule after it.

Adding another corps not only increases the length of the show itself,but requires the announcers to spend time to address the "elephant in the room" in detail.

I would think that,now that they won't be on the West coast, the Cadets will now appear at their July 5 show.

It most likely would not be a problem for theaters in the Eastern and Central Time Zones since it is unlikely another movie would be scheduled after the broadcast. If the event is broadcast live in the Mountain and Pacific Zones, that could be a problem. However, the theater where I see the Met Live in HD, another Fathom event, there is usually a two hour space between the end of the broadcast and the next show just in case the performance runs overtime, though I do know one time a broadcast went overtime, it did stop abruptly.