Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I can't wait to see this new age of Cadets.

Am I the only one that reads 

and thinks It Is Crowns show last year backwards?

no, I like this one already

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

but Scott was never Superman LOL

No... he would have had to be in the Crossmen in 79 and 80 to audition for the part...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

here's a clue on what to expect...when he took over Crossmen, they were hurting as an organization big time. he got them back into finals, and better footing ( until right before they became part of YEA). He's known with all of his work on the contest administration side, and he's alum, knowing how much that means in Cadets mindset.

He was the Crossmen Corps Director from '86 to '89, and during that time, the Crossmen improved their placements each season.

'86........ 21st

'87.........16th

'88.........14th

'89.........13th.

From talking to people, they tell me he's organized, smart, solid as a rock character wise, and a nice guy to boot. Sounds to me like the Cadets got themselves a very good hire to come in and right the ship.  The fact that he once marched the Cadets himself seems an added bonus as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

No... he would have had to be in the Crossmen in 79 and 80 to audition for the part...

Rickie was far different than Cheeseman on many levels LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

He was the Crossmen Corps Director from '86 to '89, and during that time, the Crossmen improved their placements each season.

'86........ 21st

'87.........16th

'88.........14th

'89.........13th.

From talking to people, they tell me he's organized, smart, solid as a rock character wise, and a nice guy to boot. Sounds to me like the Cadets got themselves a very good hire to come in and right the ship.  The fact that he once marched the Cadets himself seems an added bonus as well.

12th in 89. Should have been 12 in 88 too

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

12th in 89. Should have been 12 in 88 too

Correction... indeed  finished 12th in '89 ( nipped Dutch Boy in Semi's, that had topped them in the Quarters ) to secure Top 12 status that '89 season.

Scott Litzenberg, along with a great staff steered that corps to the success it sees today.  I was proud to be a soloist in 87 with that hornline.  Scott wore many hats that year.  

Many times found himself driving a bus to the next show.  Great man.  Im sure will do a great job.  

Congratulations Scott

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Sam Watson named colorguard caption head for 2018

Congratulations to him!

Nice promotion! :)

• Like 2