Cadets 2018

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It was one of those rare shows that you couldn’t take your eyes off of. The GE was just off the charts and it was moment after moment, big horn moment, then a crazy drum scatter and come back together then the guard etc. It was clearly an exhausting show to march but even the audience was run thru the ringer with just watching it. GE monster. 

Bingo!  Moment after moment... look away and you'll miss something. 

Way more interesting than move-a-little, play-a-little, bend-your-legs... and frost it all with electronic gimmickry.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcibrando said:

this is what I wish they would go back to

It's been attempted, but the design style seems to be so out-of-fashion in the judging community.  I'm hoping Cadets' new leadership, some of whom were a part of that era, will find a way to bring it back, and get it rewarded.

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

On the money.  Great show.  I wasn't sure they could top their 1992 "Perilous Skies" program, until I saw '93!!!

the second the tenors hit their feature at Hershey, i said right out loud "that wins DCI". Star may have changed the game a lot with their design for the game going forward, but Cadets took that monster and brought it to life in ways 92 couldn't dream of....and 92 was incredible

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the second the tenors hit their feature at Hershey, i said right out loud "that wins DCI". Star may have changed the game a lot with their design for the game going forward, but Cadets took that monster and brought it to life in ways 92 couldn't dream of....and 92 was incredible

'92 had some mid range intonation kerfluffles in the final 90 secs at finals, and at that level of competition, made some of the difference. Still a heckuva show, though!

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

Can anyone close to the org stipulate that they are still planning to go to ONU for ST?

And when would be helpful, too.  I can't WAIT to go see them

It is on the (updated) schedule 

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/schedule

shows them in Ada starting 6/1: currently in Johnstown PA 

Edited by George Dixon

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So who is driving to Johnstown to spy for us? We need intel! :whistle:

sorry Rt 56 2 times a year for judging is more than enough for my car

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So who is driving to Johnstown to spy for us? We need intel! :whistle:

I was there Tuesday; nothing to report.

I'll be there Sunday.  And again next Friday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

It's been attempted, but the design style seems to be so out-of-fashion in the judging community.  I'm hoping Cadets' new leadership, some of whom were a part of that era, will find a way to bring it back, and get it rewarded.

The judging community doesnt dictate the style or the ins and whats out...corps do