Cadets 2018

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the second the tenors hit their feature at Hershey, i said right out loud "that wins DCI". Star may have changed the game a lot with their design for the game going forward, but Cadets took that monster and brought it to life in ways 92 couldn't dream of....and 92 was incredible

That's funny Jeff because in Hershey  while watching the Caests ( not during the tenor feature  though) I too thought to myself this corps is on fire and they're going to win it all. 

to get through the wet weekend I put on the video of the 93 cadets at finals....####, does drum corps get much better?..innovations aside, the purity of that performance still stands out after 25 years..if they can evoke that emotion again, I won't care what they score

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 9:24 AM, George Dixon said:

I will add one more key "to-do"

Hopkins needs to stop being the "face" of the Cadets

He must fade into the background and let a fresh face (Tom and/or Drew) become the "voice" of Cadets

This is KEY

Well, that happened.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

That's funny Jeff because in Hershey  while watching the Caests ( not during the tenor feature  though) I too thought to myself this corps is on fire and they're going to win it all. 

Oh yeah. It was dirty ( June after all) but you could tell. Even grumpy old ######## loved it

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So ST has been a soggy one so far. 

and that applies to all corps, not just Cadets. Cold temps make the "Trail of Tears" a more challenging trek on the path to Unity. 

2 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Well, that happened.

Yes.

An observation.  We are something like what - 7 weeks into the Post Philly Newspaper Cadets Story Era of Drum Corps. 

This Era is new, just like in 1984 when the Tick Era ended, the early 00's when any key Brass Era began, Electronics Era, etc. 

We do not know everything today that we will know one year from now

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh yeah. It was dirty ( June after all) but you could tell. Even grumpy old ######## loved it

Grumpy.... lol

Edited by Triple Forte