Cadets 2018

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

"Spring Training Update" from the Cadets FB page:

"We're WELCOMING HOME all these Cadets who haven't necessarily felt like....."

Man I am so looking forward to them this year. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JoshClements403 said:

Vic Firth's video is out now. Did someone say Sanford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokvTTr-jpY&feature=youtu.be

Holy crap.  

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I think the point is that it is difficult to determine the difference of .1 verses .3. Ordinals would allow judges just to rank them in order of excellence 

Maybe, but it removes the reality that some groups are farther ahead of other groups. One group might be a little better than the group behind them, but another might be a lot better than the group behind them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Maybe, but it removes the reality that some groups are farther ahead of other groups. One group might be a little better than the group behind them, but another might be a lot better than the group behind them. 

Yup for sure. On the flip side it also elimates a judges putting in such big gaps that they single handily swing the overall competition results ridiculously 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup for sure. On the flip side it also elimates a judges putting in such big gaps that they single handily swing the overall competition results ridiculously 

That it would. But I'd rather find some other way of dealing with outliers like that rather then taking away credit for achievement. Not to mention those are not too common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

That it would. But I'd rather find some other way of dealing with outliers like that rather then taking away credit for achievement. Not to mention those are not too common.

And what are your thoughts on Cadets 2018? Any vibe yet? Should be an interesting summer for them 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

And what are your thoughts on Cadets 2018? Any vibe yet? Should be an interesting summer for them 

Honestly, I thought the vic firth video was the most impressive I've seen so far. That'll compete nicely if they can get it clean. If the rest if the corps is like that the "top 6" better watch out. It's gonna be a good summer.

• Like 4