Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

During the past three decades there have been many Cadets mms and alums who have cheered on the Capitals.

As ST usually occurs during Cup playoffs and finals, many of us have witnessed their frustrations and stealth listening to the games during breaks and after hours. They have been faithful even while their team may have been fallen. Tonight all is forgiven as they have much to celebrate.

Congrats Caps fans. The Cup is yours. It was a great series.

From one championships winner to another...

Back in the mid-90s when the Caps made the finals their crowds were downright embarrassing.  Wings tickets were so expensive for the finals it was cheaper to fly to DC and get tickets on the street there...no wonder why those looked like home games for Detroit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

During the past three decades there have been many Cadets mms and alums who have cheered on the Capitals.

As ST usually occurs during Cup playoffs and finals, many of us have witnessed their frustrations and stealth listening to the games during breaks and after hours. They have been faithful even while their team may have been fallen. Tonight all is forgiven as they have much to celebrate.

good point - to make an NHL analogy, Cadets kind of have a Golden Knights aura around them this year --- if they tap into that certain underdogg-ish, no-one-believes-in-us, everyone-left-us-for-dead kind of narrative it could be incredibly motivating and create really tight cohesiveness -

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tedrick said:

, Cadets kind of have a Golden Knights aura around them this year ---, everyone-left-us-for-dead kind of narrative it could be incredibly motivating and create really tight cohesiveness -

Except we havn't read anywhere on Social Media after the Cadets installed a new YEA Board/ New Corps Director that Drum Corps fans nationally have " left us ( Cadets ) for dead ". Reports are glowing as a mattter of fact, ie " no marcher left the Cadets after GH left "...." Percussion could win the Sanford Trophy this season".... " top 5 this season "... " morale is better than its been in years "... and " Design team/ Guard will shine this season without GH "... and so forth.  Everyone I know is quite pleased the Cadets marchers are seemingly on track to be better this season now that GH is no longer there gumming up the design works/ uniforms. I havn;t read the narrative anywhere that " everyone left us ( Cadets ) for dead'.  Fortunately, quite the opposite as a matter of fact. A Corps as iconic as the Holy Name ( and later Garfield ) Cadets were a multi year National Titles winning outstanding Drum Corps before George Hopkins was even born, let alone years later come in from outside to take over the reins there.  Cadets we're told will be fine. Assuming the financials are in order ( no reason to think otherwise at the moment either ) most eveyone I know thinks the Cadets will shine this season and beyond.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Except we havn't read anywhere on Social Media after the Cadets installed a new YEA Board/ New Corps Director that Drum Corps fans nationally have " left us ( Cadets ) for dead ". Reports are glowing as a mattter of fact, ie " no marcher left the Cadets after GH left "...." Percussion could win the Sanford Trophy this season".... " top 5 this season "... " morale is better than its been in years "... and " Design team/ Guard will shine this season without GH "... and so forth.  Everyone I know is quite pleased the Cadets marchers are seemingly on track to be better this season now that GH is no longer there gumming up the design works/ uniforms. I havn;t read the narrative anywhere that " everyone left us ( Cadets ) for dead'.  Fortunately, quite the opposite as a matter of fact. A Corps as iconic as the Holy Name ( and later Garfield ) Cadets were a multi year National Titles winning outstanding Drum Corps before George Hopkins was even born, let alone years later come in from outside to take over the reins there.  Cadets we're told will be fine. Assuming the financials are in order ( no reason to think otherwise at the moment either ) most eveyone I know thinks the Cadets will shine this season and beyond.

The predictions thread tells a different story. Few people are predicting that The Cadets will be competitive with the top corps this year. Now that may not qualify as "left for dead" but go read the threads from 24-72 hours after the GH news broke, many were predicting The Cadets would never perform again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Congrats to my fellow alumnus of the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm, Jay Beagle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Back in the mid-90s when the Caps made the finals their crowds were downright embarrassing.  Wings tickets were so expensive for the finals it was cheaper to fly to DC and get tickets on the street there...no wonder why those looked like home games for Detroit.

The Cadets have had a Detroit fan (too) from Baltimore named Milkman. Still an interested alum.

38 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

go read the threads from 24-72 hours after the GH news broke, many were predicting The Cadets would never perform again.

Go reread what I just posted however, dbc03. I posted that after a new YEA Board/ Corps Director were installed, the reports of the Cadets being better all around than last season surfaced on social media everywhere.. including here on DCP..  There was no narrative that I read anywhere around the social media that most "people left us ( Cadets ) for dead ".  " Dead " in my definition does not mean placements 1-12 somewhere. " dead " to me signifies.... well.... " dead ", ie " not peerforming ever again " 

For a few years now, it was acknowledged on here and other social media that George Hopkins as Corps Director and Show Program Coordinator was impeding the progress of the Cadets lately and needed to go. I assume everyone read this narrative here and elsewhere, and on many ocasions too. Well, he has been removed, although in circumstances most never envisioned, So from that standpoint alone, there is the expectation around the Drum Corps world that his removal could now translate into on field better performance levels on the part of the Cadets now, a few preseason placement predictions seen on here on DCP by a handful of fans notwithstanding.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Go reread what I just posted however, dbc03. I posted that after a new YEA Board/ Corps Director were installed, the reports of the Cadets being better all around than last season surfaced on social media everywhere.. including here on DCP..  There was no narrative that I read anywhere around the social media that most "people left us ( Cadets ) for dead ".  " Dead " in my definition does not mean placements 1-12 somewhere. " dead " to me signifies.... well.... " dead ".

Ok, but you are applying an arbitrary time restriction to the post you were originally replying to in order to make it fit your narrative.

17 hours ago, HBD said:

Unfortunately they have the same visual designer. Let's see if staging gets better with one year under his belt.

Bobby certainly knows his staging (just look at his work with Reading). I feel that orders from upstairs about what to showcase (i.e., guard and visual "moments" over the performing musicians) tied his hands last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1