Cadets 2018

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the more i see of the show, the more I like it. conceptiually some fleshing out to be done for sure, and cleaning, but ####.....that's some Classic Cadets stuff updated for tday

I’m encouraged you think that. I’ve watched a few YouTube postings and, while I like the Cadets-like approach to the music and drill, I worry about how elementary the GE feels compared to what other corps have been offering for years now. On the other hand, I very much appreciate the position the staff is in, having rewritten the show in February and trying, I assume, to put a show together that they could pull off—clearly so at this point, as they sit where they left off last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

I’m encouraged you think that. I’ve watched a few YouTube postings and, while I like the Cadets-like approach to the music and drill, I worry about how elementary the GE feels compared to what other corps have been offering for years now. On the other hand, I very much appreciate the position the staff is in, having rewritten the show in February and trying, I assume, to put a show together that they could pull off—clearly so at this point, as they sit where they left off last year.

Agreed. I enjoy the show as well and feels very Cadet like. But do feel the design doesn’t have the GE/staging the judges are awarding for. 

36 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. I enjoy the show as well and feels very Cadet like. But do feel the design doesn’t have the GE/staging the judges are awarding for. 

Yeah, its kind of a lets just stabilize the program show......to me.

I just wish the props were more integrated and used to create effect.  They have potential, but they need to be moved around, integrated, changed during the show i.e. SCV...

42 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

36 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I am left to wonder whether either poster has actually been present for a performance or are only using the videos as the basis of experience. There's a world of difference in the experience first hand compared to what the camera man chooses to show or not show. I refer them to the comments about the broadcasting for the Bluecoats, SCV, Crown, and Cavaliers as mentioned on the other DCP threads.

One of these posters, once more frequent in positive posting, has grown sullen and negative particularly with the change of administrations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I am left to wonder whether either poster has actually been present for a performance or are only using the videos as the basis of experience. There's a world of difference in the experience first hand compared to what the camera man chooses to show or not show. I refer them to the comments about the broadcasting for the Bluecoats, SCV, Crown, and Cavaliers as mentioned on the other DCP threads.

One of these posters, once more frequent in positive posting, has grown sullen and negative particularly with the change of administrations.

I am basing mine on a fairly good high cam view from a spectator at the Akron show.  Like they have stated there is just a lack of complexity that used to be the Cadets hallmark.

I think they have done a good job all things considered.  I just expected the props to be utilized more and in different ways.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I am basing mine on a fairly good high cam view from a spectator at the Akron show.  Like they have stated there is just a lack of complexity that used to be the Cadets hallmark.

I think they have done a good job all things considered.  I just expected the props to be utilized more and in different ways.

Don’t apologize for having an opinion, we all get one. I agree that as it stood on performance one there were good things and some not good 

visual GE side is probably the weakest link right now, so it will be interesting to see what additions, changes and tweaks take place

the good news is we are free of the former design genius who gave us backflip jesus

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Don’t apologize for having an opinion, we all get one. I agree that as it stood on performance one there were good things and some not good 

visual GE side is probably the weakest link right now, so it will be interesting to see what additions, changes and tweaks take place

the good news is we are free of the former design genius who gave us backflip jesus

True that.....and to be fair Crown is another example of props not being utilized.  

Then you watch Bluecoats, SCV, and Bloo you see how much they integrate the props, move them, vary them and watching static props stay in one place for the entire show is a let down.

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I feel sorry for that guy...he has been the brunt of so many jokes...and yes I know no one is picking on him...just the poor design decision itself..still I can't help but feel bad for him though...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1