Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

As retold by an mm:

judge: we don’t understand the vocalists

tech: they’re singing in Icelandic

judge: oh?!

I may have designed a few shirts with that on the back - they should be ready by the Winston Salem show 

• Haha 2

Cadets are to be at Palm Coast off Daytona today where the corps' progress stalled last season with too much sun and salt water swimming. 

Here's to a better experience and show tonite.

11 hours ago, Shewhois said:

I may have designed a few shirts with that on the back - they should be ready by the Winston Salem show 

I speak Icelandic.  Either it's the audio of the videos or the actual singing, but it sounds very "english" to me.  They need more of that lofty, accent on the first syllable, what the hell are they saying feeling.  That's Icelandic :-)

11 minutes ago, bldbrkr said:

I speak Icelandic.  Either it's the audio of the videos or the actual singing, but it sounds very "english" to me.  They need more of that lofty, accent on the first syllable, what the hell are they saying feeling.  That's Icelandic :-)

One of the original Holy Bass players, Pat McLean has a Mom who is from up there and who posts on Cadets' FB. She's a wonderful lady who could be an accent tutor. :-)

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Cadets are to be at Palm Coast off Daytona today where the corps' progress stalled last season with too much sun and salt water swimming. 

Here's to a better experience and show tonite.

Things didn’t stall last summer because of swimming and sun. They stalled because they kept making significant changes to the program while everyone was cleaning theirs (and not all of the changes were necessarily effective). And because it took another three weeks to iron out the GE-killing electronics issues like feedback in the vocalist mics. 

• Like 2

How about the vocal "amen" at the end?! It gives me goosebumps every time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Icer said:

Things didn’t stall last summer because of swimming and sun. They stalled because they kept making significant changes to the program while everyone was cleaning theirs (and not all of the changes were necessarily effective). And because it took another three weeks to iron out the GE-killing electronics issues like feedback in the vocalist mics. 

I was using it as the date when the downhill slope became evident not the only cause. In fact the 2017 corps was given too much beach time which helped with poor score progress during Florida swing. From there all you say is absolutely correct. No disagreement here.