Cadets 2018

Cadets FB page has really lit up with all the new admirers and old alums. Nice vid of the re-warmups with the lightning included.  The line was determined to give Claire a wonderful birthday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .dave. said:

Nice job, Cadets! Getting closer to 80...keep growing!

They may just thru next show. Need some rest and then a couple days of double visual blocks #old school 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They may just thru next show. Need some rest and then a couple days of double visual blocks #old school 

The poster is getting his wish. Wake-up call isn't until 10 am this morning. The schedule was posted yesterday hours before the rain delays and lightning. The humidity does take its toll on the body.

I wonder if there is a way to implement a costume change before the end. I wish the MMs could strip off the muddy black drizzle to reveal solid white front. It'd be like a rebirth; a cleansing of who must not be named. 

Right now, I see the disjunction and disunity. But I need to see a stark contrast, a turning point of some kind, that represents unity. I hear it with the music, but I don't see it.

30 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

I wonder if there is a way to implement a costume change before the end. I wish the MMs could strip off the muddy black drizzle to reveal solid white front. It'd be like a rebirth; a cleansing of who must not be named. 

Right now, I see the disjunction and disunity. But I need to see a stark contrast, a turning point of some kind, that represents unity. I hear it with the music, but I don't see it.

Now here's one for the traditionalists..............here we go...lol..............How about make a tunnel-like SCV did decades ago, An orb or time tunnel these new uniforms are easy to get in and out of, have the corps  go in one side rip costume off come out the other in the traditional corps uniform. The future is the past.....The crowd goes wild...alumni have multiple OrXXXXm.....lol ( well some anyway)

Image result for CROWD GOES WILDCrowd Goes Wild GIF

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

For one, I think that could be shown in the end of the opener. Just having them end where they are right now doesn't imply any unity. Perhaps have the end of the opener instead end in a straight line with a loud resolute chord would be better. That's just one idea. 

Didn't SCV do the change during Russian Christmas Music?  A change of uniform would definitely get the crowd roaring!  I do feel (hope) there is something in store that will push the corps higher.