Cadets 2018

3 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Didn't SCV do the change during Russian Christmas Music?  A change of uniform would definitely get the crowd roaring!  I do feel (hope) there is something in store that will push the corps higher.

I think so SCV...cant remember BUT I do remember it was effective.....lol...can you imagine

3 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Didn't SCV do the change during Russian Christmas Music?  A change of uniform would definitely get the crowd roaring!  I do feel (hope) there is something in store that will push the corps higher.

If a traditional uniform was worn under these spandex, the overall look would be horrible, the mm would melt, and the switch might be tough to do quickly.  But, it is ok to think of this taking place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Can't imagine that would be practical. If you're talking about changing into the traditional uniform, if you knew how much work went in to just putting that uniform on, you would agree that wouldn't be conducive to a uniform change during a show. 

The staff/director has alluded to planned additions and layering throughout the season that will more  fully realize the "unity" concept

I do believe that includes the actual "ending" of the show  - I personally imagine  it ending in a prayer block and they march off together

They been doing some small musical and visual changes / additions  to the program already

Right now (in my opinion) they need to be in heavy cleaning mode. That's really holding them back right now - the feet and guard are just dirty and it's time to get clean. This week will tell us a lot! IMO.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The staff/director has alluded to planned additions and layering throughout the season that will more  fully realize the "unity" concept

I do believe that includes the actual "ending" of the show  - I personally imagine  it ending in a prayer block and they march off together

They been doing some small musical and visual changes / additions  to the program already

Right now (in my opinion) they need to be in heavy cleaning mode. That's really holding them back right now - the feet and guard are just dirty and it's time to get clean. This week will tell us a lot! IMO.

Only my opinion. I think it's the best cadets in a while all around BUT it also proves the point you can get much better and still not move and how it depends on others around you. If this were only 2 years ago you would be seeing much different outcomes YES, clean clean clean, build aggressive confidence

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I really hope not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Can't imagine that would be practical. If you're talking about changing into the traditional uniform, if you knew how much work went in to just putting that uniform on, you would agree that wouldn't be conducive to a uniform change during a show. 

you wear one over the other...cumbersome but been done...I wasn't exactly being serious BUT one can explore the possibilities.  lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

you wear one over the other...cumbersome but been done...I wasn't exactly being serious BUT one can explore the possibilities.  lol

Lol true, but I can imagine how many heat strokes would take place following that. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

They did it in 85 and 86 if I recall correctly.  In 85 it was during Festive Overture. In 86 same thing I think. 

• Like 2