Cadets 2018

Great improvement Cadets. I like the small changes.

You guys have just gotta get clean!!!  Sorry but the guard was super sloppy last night. It feels like some members are still ‘chasing their show’. I worry that one they start competing against groups like Madarins, Crossmen, Blue Stars etc, the guard may place below them unless they can start really cleaning. 

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

And I know it's early, but I have some pretty good ideas for 2019. 

Well??  They're not doing any good hiding behind this post.  Start a Cadets 2019 thread so us Borg can get a jump start on the page count and #### off the haters.  

:guinesssmilie:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Great improvement Cadets. I like the small changes.

You guys have just gotta get clean!!!  Sorry but the guard was super sloppy last night. It feels like some members are still ‘chasing their show’. I worry that one they start competing against groups like Madarins, Crossmen, Blue Stars etc, the guard may place below them unless they can start really cleaning. 

Agreed. We should see a much cleaner guard by next Saturday. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Well??  They're not doing any good hiding behind this post.  Start a Cadets 2019 thread so us Borg can get a jump start on the page count and #### off the haters.  

:guinesssmilie:

Lolol...I wanna give this year's Cadets the respect they deserve. But suffice it to say, it builds on the view that Cadets members, alum and staff are now united and now gonna go out next year hunting for blood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brass34 said:

I wasn't thinking right now. I'm thinking of 4 weeks from now. And perhaps not a complete uniform change, but they do need to change something. IMO, currently, the visual is very much the same from beginning to end.

I know the designers already have something up their sleeve, I'm just speculating what it could be.

Hmm, those skyscraper plumes don't quite pop do they? 

I mean color pop; they do pop out onto the ground as we have seen more than once this summer. Kids call them flying birds.

21 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I've looked at WGI score sheets simply because I love watching their activity, and they judge equipment drops more on effective recovery than the mistake itself. WGI equipment sheets say this in their top achievement box 5: "Effortless recovery from virtually non-existent breaks and flaws. "

Not sure about DCI guard judging

Likely similar, recoveries from error is a huge part of the rubrics now nearly everywhere.

• Like 1

Flager Beach is more quaint and quiet than touristy and marina-laden. One can actually swim here and not have to worry about boardwalk doings or cold water temps.  The off shore tropical storms in the Atlantic have made for interesting waves and some rip currents, nothing these stalwarts can't handle. The saltaire slumbers should be fine on that road north to Valdosta.Photo of Flagler Beach City of - Flagler Beach, FL, United Statesut