Cadets 2018

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

stranger things have happened...and did:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well with the departure of you know who I imagine the resumes will come flowing in 

Let's hope so....I have some specific (VERY specific) people in mind. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The members wanted to practice for a few hours and THEN headed to the beach

yes my sponsorees let me know...eventually.

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Hmm, those skyscraper plumes don't quite pop do they? 

I mean color pop; they do pop out onto the ground as we have seen more than once this summer. Kids call them flying birds.

We called them dead birds in my Garfield days. Except when they got damp, and then the outside long feathers stuck out 90 degrees, and we called them palm trees.   :biggrin:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

stranger things have happened...and did:biggrin:

True, the problem (well for Cadets) is that everyone seems happy where they are now, and are kind of settled into long term gigs with momentum for their corps, etc....Crown would be the exception I guess.  We'll see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

True, the problem (well for Cadets) is that everyone seems happy where they are now, and are kind of settled into long term gigs with momentum for their corps, etc....Crown would be the exception I guess.  We'll see.

I don’t think that’s the case. 

This also really isn’t the time to have this conversation 

cadets have a very good summer underway 

a few tweaks and layering and a lot of cleaning and this summer will be the best cadets corps in several years 

it’s exciting to say the least!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

and what they were working on.  Now Mellophones or Holy Voice?

If you are inclined to give, the Kingdom of Keaton could use your help making sure "The Gold Line" keeps their mellow moniker.

Ditto with Noah's Ark over there with Holy Voice. Come DCP, he's one of our own!

The trumpets must be waiting for Eleran to come through last minute with those big financiers from the corps' original State. :-)

Help the gang out, folks. The mms even gave up much of their beach day to make you feel more proud. Pleasssssse.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

The trumpets must be waiting for Eleran to come through last minute with those big financiers from the corps' original State. :-)

Help the gang out, folks. The mms even gave up much of their beach day to make you feel more proud. Pleasssssse.

If anyone DOES want to donate to Cadet's Unity fundraiser in Owen Sheard's name, you have our extreme gratitude.  Gatorade powder doesn't grow on trees.

• Like 1