Cadets 2018

5 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

When did Cadets switch from the Black stripes to the Maroon stripes on their uniforms? When I saw them in Lawrence & Lynn the stripes were Black.

some were black, some were burgundy. It might of been the lighting of the stadium which caused different hues.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

some were black, some were burgundy. It might of been the lighting of the stadium which caused different hues.

Ah, ok thanks. It looked like they all wore Black when I saw them and then I saw a recent picture and they all looked Burgundy. 

6 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Ah, ok thanks. It looked like they all wore Black when I saw them and then I saw a recent picture and they all looked Burgundy. 

Here you can see both burgundy and black and how the light has an effect when shadows happen.

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1

GE score was low tonight in Katy.  Was this a fluke?

Just now, dcikon2 said:

Judge placed corps ninth across his caption.  Little face to face exposure with either of the two corps ahead (BK and PR.) Double slate tomorrow evens this out.

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Judge placed corps ninth across his caption.  Little face to face exposure with either of the two corps ahead (BK and PR.) Double slate tomorrow evens this out.

I hope so, because this was mad disappointing.

I really enjoyed the Cadets show this year and tonight. It was a pleasure to see and hear. And, amazingly, I loved the vocals!  Did I just say that? Woa. Hats off to front ensemble percussion too. Really sweet writing and performance.

10 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

In respect to my 3 sponsoring mms, I usually don't comment on Cadets' performance or show design. But again tonite I found myself nodding off between the end of Sensemaya and the vocals of the Ballad. This mid-section definitely needs some beefing up with color, variation of texture, and better points of focus both visually and audibly. Cerebral subtleties and verbiage of design staff doesn't cut it here. More verve needed. Otherwise that tenth place finish remains a possibility. Two of my mms understand this."

Edited by xandandl

The current Cadets team stuck with this corps & the mm stuck with the organization. So proud of both!

Last night's run wasn't their strongest this year - but I have faith we'll see that  "strongest run yet" tonight

Eliminating the individual breakdowns is key - particularly in the guard as they quite literally "stick out visually" when things are off. A solid & focused 13 minutes 

Tonights a great opportunity for this corps & team to step it up to the next level! Big crowd which will be excited and supportive. Great controlled conditions - no wind or setting sun... 

Let's have a great run and get that score up over an 85-86  - next week can be spent cleaning & a few more adjustments

3 weeks to go !

Go Cadets!

• Like 3