Cadets 2018

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So bad. In a good way

watch THIS starting at 1:25

Love this! Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Do they have this judge again in Atlanta or Indy?

The guy’s numbers are the reason we all fear the loose cannon vis judge.  The one who has to make a point and reacts so severely that he “calls the show”.  But, I don’t think this judge will matter in the end for BAC or the Cadets.  I get the feeling that Boston and Allentown are both on  islands at this point.  A 6th place island for the former, 7th for the latter.  

BAC’s rise last year bought them a lot of capital.  BUT, look at last night’s recap and the number of captions in which the Crusaders are already judged higher in achievement than content.  Boston designed very smart, but they will struggle to climb higher-despite a very good guard and strong performance corps wide.  

The Cadets have room for growth between their content and achievement numbers.  Compared to those above them, they lag in visual and musical clarity.  They can clean, and with that content scores can also benefit.  Their design is one where, quite often, excellence IS the effect.   That’s a tough way to score points-one that lacks in vocabulary and variety of effect.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So bad. In a good way

watch THIS starting at 1:25

That is cool. So glad to see the cadets doing well this year despite all the challenges. I’m from the west coast so SCV and BD are the corps I follow most.  But I’ve always loved The Cadets. Every time I watch them they ozze disciple and drive. They have a unique aura that is different from my west coast corps. When they walk on the field you see focus and determination in everything they do. You’ve got to be extra proud of this years group making through all transitions and still performing really well. The show is great this year. I encourage everyone to keep supporting them. You’ve got great corps members and the right staff in place now.  Hopefully next year they can make that trip out west. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, One n Done said:

BAC’s rise last year bought them a lot of capital.  BUT, look at last night’s recap and the number of captions in which the Crusaders are already judged higher in achievement than content.  Boston designed very smart, but they will struggle to climb higher-despite a very good guard and strong performance corps wide.   

Yes, Boston had scores like that in both GE1 scores and music brass which puts them in great company with SCV who had three captions and the Bluecoats who had one score like that.  Oh yeah, better check the Cadets VA score again.  You may now put those stones back on the ground.

Edited by Ghost
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes, Boston had scores like that in both GE1 scores and music brass which puts them in great company with SCV who had three captions and the Bluecoats who had one score like that.  Oh yeah, better check the Cadets VA score again.  You may now put those stones back on the ground.

giphy.gif

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ghost said:

what point are you trying to make here? I'm not certain.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, cadet93 said:

As the infamous one always said, it just takes one judge making a call like GE1  last night to start a trend so we'll see.

This is not a knock on the kids, but I can see where the GE judge is comimg from.

The other corps integrate their props, move them around, change the staging numerous times.  Cadets just sit there in one place and are so under utilized.

Its rough bc there is soooo much hey could have done with them to convey the theme, but we just get one moment when the hornline spins around on them.

Omce again, not a knock agaonst the kids.  As usual, design issues.

Yes. At the World Class level every nitpicking design detail has to be compared and contrasted. If certain teams are using theirs more effectively and in a more integrated fashion, gaps will open.

2 hours ago, One n Done said:

The guy’s numbers are the reason we all fear the loose cannon vis judge.  The one who has to make a point and reacts so severely that he “calls the show”.  But, I don’t think this judge will matter in the end for BAC or the Cadets.  I get the feeling that Boston and Allentown are both on  islands at this point.  A 6th place island for the former, 7th for the latter.  

The Cadets have room for growth between their content and achievement numbers.  Compared to those above them, they lag in visual and musical clarity.  They can clean, and with that content scores can also benefit.  Their design is one where, quite often, excellence IS the effect.   That’s a tough way to score points-one that lacks in vocabulary and variety of effect.

I see what you did there... :)