Cadets 2018

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

it's his first flugel horn, yes?  Something special.

Nah, he's had one of those for years.   Of course, in the next couple weeks we have to decide which horns to ship out to college.

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

Nah, he's had one of those for years.   Of course, in the next couple weeks we have to decide which horns to ship out to college.

I thought Yamaha was giving him his own furnished studio out there in Cali.        :whistle:

20 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Finally getting to see the show live, they run and gun a ton more than the videos seem to let on.  That was really impressive to see.  The choir is used to great effect through most of the show, and they picked some pretty awesome singers.  That ballad... <shiver>.  That drumline... <drool>.  My only complaints are really just personal choices regarding the overall design - the benches don't really add anything to the visual, like at all, and the uniforms, while great up close, make everyone look squat from a distance with so many horizontal lines across the bodies.  I get that in general this is kind of a mish-mash of a show between two staffs, so there's not much you can do with some of the conceptual fuzziness at this point, but overall, it's a good Cadets production, I think, and they'll just be clawing upwards from here.

Mike

Thanks 

the uniforms and props were the prior design genius lol 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Thanks 

the uniforms and props were the prior design genius lol 

Yeah, honestly, having them out there in the M/G wouldn't really boost the score, I don't think, but it sure wouldn't hurt either. 

Mike

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Yeah, honestly, having them out there in the M/G wouldn't really boost the score, I don't think, but it sure wouldn't hurt either. 

Mike

They use the effect of their current uniform pretty well 

they could stand to add some more color in terms of flags imo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I LOVE that the flags have pieces of the classic Cadets uniform on them though.  That works with the "unity" idea and the "new era" in a way.  I think they are kinda neat actually.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, candymancan said:

I LOVE that the flags have pieces of the classic Cadets uniform on them though.  That works with the "unity" idea and the "new era" in a way.  I think they are kinda neat actually.

Agree, but they just don’t pop on the field. Same thing with the uni fronts with the stripes. It muddies the visual impact moments.

I must admit that as far as singing goes, this is, by far, the best performance I’ve heard to date ever. Having quality voices really makes a difference.

BTW, this show is miles ahead of 16 and 17. It’s very enjoyable, and for the first time since 15, I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next year. I would suggest an emphasis to improve guard and visual next season. It looks as though brass and percussion are heading in the right direction. I like the drill though the uni hurts the impact points. I hope everyone is as pleased as I.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

YES PLEASE

• Like 1