Cadets 2018

4 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Cadets score isn't moving up right now.

Yeah I'm a bit worried they could come in 8th come finals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Cadets score isn't moving up right now.

Neither is Santa Clara’s, really. 

1 hour ago, Icer said:

The guard took a huge step forward tonight. The score didn’t improve because of some hiccups in the brass/percussion visual, but if the guard matches that performance this weekend, expect a nice bump.

Were you there or basing this on scoring?

1 hour ago, DCIphotographer said:

One score from one show is not a trend. They're fine. 

I agree. Hopefully we'll see some nice score growth this weekend

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Were you there or basing this on scoring?

Can't be on scoring -- it provides no evidence of big growth.

23 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Can't be on scoring -- it provides no evidence of big growth.

Honestly I was a little shocked by the score. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah I'm a bit worried they could come in 8th come finals.

It appears as though the judges are saying it is just a matter of time before the Blue Stars beat the Cadets. This season has turned into a typical Cadets season of late. They continue to work harder only to see their score stagnate or go down. I will be shocked if the Cadets are able to hold on to 7th place. The yearly slotting has predictably occurred.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, dans said:

It appears as though the judges are saying it is just a matter of time before the Blue Stars beat the Cadets. This season has turned into a typical Cadets season of late. They continue to work harder only to see their score stagnate or go down. I will be shocked if the Cadets are able to hold on to 7th place. The yearly slotting has predictably occurred.

I disagree. But last nights score wasn’t what I expected. Let’s see how the weekend plays out, it will be telling 

I still think they have one corps they could over take and none will over take Cadets, so they will finish 7th or 6th. Regardless they are having a good season and will be an improved corps over 2017 

one score doesn’t a trend make, let’s see how he next few play oit

admittedly we all might be paranoid based on the recent Cadets history, understandably so... 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I disagree. But last nights score wasn’t what I expected. Let’s see how the weekend plays out, it will be telling 

I still think they have one corps they could over take and none will over take Cadets, so they will finish 7th or 6th. Regardless they are having a good season and will be an improved corps over 2017 

one score doesn’t a trend make, let’s see how he next few play oit

admittedly we all might be paranoid based on the recent Cadets history, understandably so... 

Thanks for the response and your optimism George. And I am really proud of the Cadets and their determination this year. It just seems like the judging in DCI becomes more subjective and predictable every year. Really becomes frustrating hoping for the Cadets to make a move...and it rarely happens in the current judging system. I honestly believe the Blue Stars will beat the Cadets Saturday night...and I don't think the Cadets can do anything to stop it.