Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, dans said:

I knew you were right Jeff. I was in denial and reacting from emotion...not reality. It was painful to watch this great corps fall.

it's all good. I was in denial about my team while marching in it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Unrelated: just bought my tickets to TOC Chester. A show I've now gone to 5 years in a row.

edit: i know this is a weak stat. some people have been at finals over 20+ years in a row. 

One of my favorite venues!  I'll be there as well.  WAY better than A-town.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Unrelated: just bought my tickets to TOC Chester. A show I've now gone to 5 years in a row.

edit: i know this is a weak stat. some people have been at finals over 20+ years in a row. 

you're young - it's not a weak stat

trust me 5 years turns into 20 and 30 much quicker than you expect!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hey look, you and i argued for a few years because i predicted the end of season slide, and you stuck by them....and though many labeled me a hater ( hi Danny! LOL), I never wanted the corps to fail, I wanted them to do well. I saw the problem. The Big problem is gone, but several smaller ones built up because of that one, and it takes time to fix everything.

Look at Cavies...2011 top 3. For a few years 9th was possible, then in 16 they started turning the corner...and still not back in the top 3. I never bought the hype Boston would be top 3 right away. these things take time. BD, Bloo....staff has now been together for a while. As SCV has added pieces, it's improved. Crown despite losing some names, still up there. And the 16-17 issues had to have hurt the talent coming in from being what it could have been. Cadets were on the verge of not being a destination corps. 

I have been thinking about this a lot this summer.

The bottom line is that Cadets lost the staffing lottery/wars of the last 5 years.....

Combine that with the GH fiasco, and you have the current situation.

Now it will take about 5 years to get back if they can, and that will take certain actions and luck.

It all starts with design staff...which leads to better recruiting.

But right now Cadets aren't a destination corps anymore and its going to be a slow long road back unless they were to get certain staff, and that staff seems happy at the various places they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spartans87 said:

In fact, they may be the most amazing group ever because of what they had to endure in the spring, and are still in that 7th slot with a possibility of moving up.

Without denigrating the first part of your sentence,  It still looks like they are on the island of 7,  with a higher percentage of moving to 8th than 6th.  They have (to date) done nothing to think they would move to 6th, but given some evidence of slowing their growth enough to be passed by BS or BK, I think there is a real possibility of moving down, although I think this is fairly remote. 

The "wait to next (show, week, whatever)" is not evidence.  If they provide evidence (in scores, not perceptions), I may change my mind.

Now, if they were making moves as Spirit has shown, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that moving up is a realistic possibility.  

ps ... I'm still pulling for Academy for 12th, but it is a pull.

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Explain to me why this is relevant to anything? 

And where is this from anyway? That doesn't sound like my writing. Just so you know, clicking the arrow on the right of the post shows what I actually said. Try again. 

Hey 2000 Cadet,  I am so sorry I made a mistake.  I apologize profusely.  Didn't mean to offend.  Just like I am sure you didn't mean to be so condescending.  Well maybe you did.   I was trying something I wasn't familiar with and it pulled the comment but attributed to you inadvertently.  It was extracted from a Jeff Ream comment and all I did was further the thought.   No need for the attitude it was a harmless comment.  Next time I'll delete as suggested.  Or maybe not.

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hey 2000 Cadet,  I am so sorry I made a mistake.  I apologize profusely.  Didn't mean to offend.  Just like I am sure you didn't mean to be so condescending.  Well maybe you did.   I was trying something I wasn't familiar with and it pulled the comment but attributed to you inadvertently.  It was extracted from a Jeff Ream comment and all I did was further the thought.   No need for the attitude it was a harmless comment.  Next time I'll delete as suggested.  Or maybe not.

I like my crow baked with a white wine reduction and fingerling potatoes.

I apologize for being condescending.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

One of my favorite venues!  I'll be there as well.  WAY better than A-town.

Still at West Chester U. Big poured cement stadium corps sounded great there. Off topic but good for this thread.