Cadets 2018

5 minutes ago, ssoushinski said:

Rankings

Jul 26, 2018Michael Gilley

SCV #1 In Projected Rankings After San Antonio

In this first set of projected rankings for the 2018 DCI season, our computer models use data from previous seasons combined with the current season to project out how the rest of the season will shake out and predict where the corps will finish.

Using current data (scores) pulled directly from DCI’s site as well as historical data (scores), we train a machine learning model which then projects those scores out to the end of the current season. The specific projection model is a linear regression algorithm with a logarithmic smoothing function.

I am really hoping this will not come to fruition. 

Rank Corps

Projected Score

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 97.337
2 Blue Devils 96.250
3 Bluecoats 95.688
4 Boston Crusaders 94.810
5 Carolina Crown 94.797
6 The Cavaliers 94.023
7 Blue Stars 93.610
8 Phantom Regiment 92.608
9 The Cadets 92.479
10 Blue Knights 92.091
11 Mandarins 91.830
12 The Academy 90.678

Get rid of “previous seasons” and regenerate.  There is too much change year to year in staff, design,  membership, finances, tour schedule, judging, for the model above to most accurately predict results for THIS year.  Even then, readers here will be viewing those results ASSUMING objectivity and completeness in the data you include to produce this.

13 minutes ago, ssoushinski said:

Rankings

Jul 26, 2018Michael Gilley

SCV #1 In Projected Rankings After San Antonio

In this first set of projected rankings for the 2018 DCI season, our computer models use data from previous seasons combined with the current season to project out how the rest of the season will shake out and predict where the corps will finish.

Using current data (scores) pulled directly from DCI’s site as well as historical data (scores), we train a machine learning model which then projects those scores out to the end of the current season. The specific projection model is a linear regression algorithm with a logarithmic smoothing function.

I am really hoping this will not come to fruition. 

Rank Corps

Projected Score

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 97.337
2 Blue Devils 96.250
3 Bluecoats 95.688
4 Boston Crusaders 94.810
5 Carolina Crown 94.797
6 The Cavaliers 94.023
7 Blue Stars 93.610
8 Phantom Regiment 92.608
9 The Cadets 92.479
10 Blue Knights 92.091
11 Mandarins 91.830
12 The Academy 90.678

I don't believe this model for one second EVEN though it has Boston in a favorable position.

"linear regression algorithm with a logarithmic smoothing function"

I say poppycock! 

There is no way Cadets are getting 9th either...no way josé

All corps over 90 in top 12?  ....nope

• Like 2

20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

When flo knows to go to hi cam instead of a close up on a singer during the z pull I will listen to their prognostications about finals lol 

Tom Blair usually fixes all

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

I don't believe this model for one second EVEN though it has Boston in a favorable position.

"linear regression algorithm with a logarithmic smoothing function"

I say poppycock! 

There is no way Cadets are getting 9th either...no way josé

All corps over 90 in top 12?  ....nope

We'll see, this is usually the doom weekend for Cadets, where the slide starts....hoping this year is different!

• Like 1

Cadets are over Blue Knights, but I am concerned about the stagnation recently.  However, other corps' scores seem to be also leveling off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

Cadets are over Blue Knights, but I am concerned about the stagnation recently.  However, other corps' scores seem to be also leveling off.

Seems like he scores for both corps have remained the same. Let’s see what tomorro brings 

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

It seems the brakes have been put on with the scores for a bunch of corps...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1