Cadets 2018

5 minutes ago, GlenI said:

Is anybody going to the Cadets' reception before the Chester show at Talon stadium? I feel like I've been following and supporting The Cadets for decades and I still don't know anyone associated with the corps! If you are interested in saying hello Wednesday, PM me and we can chat. I'd really welcome the opportunity to meet some of you folks and put a face to a name, etc. 

Glen

I won't be there unfortunately :(

Based only on Flo, I thought the Nightbeat performance was much better than the Atlanta performance, even with the holes. Maybe it's just because the mics worked, and how all sounds are picked up by Flo's mics in different venues.

The drop in score -- what I think happened was Phantom Regiment went on first and the judges started low (lower than Atlanta). And so Cadets went on second, and they were still >2 pts better than Regiment but since Regiment started with a low score it dragged down Cadets, too.  Granted, the gap between them shrunk a bit, but still > 2 pts.  By the time the corps closer to Box 5 came on, the numbers caught up to Atlanta or better. The TOC performance orders always mess up the numbers, though rankings still average out to what most would expect.

Keep at it, Cadets. Get well and keep cleaning. And like Tom told you yesterday, we HAVE to get people out of their SEATS!

25 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Based only on Flo, I thought the Nightbeat performance was much better than the Atlanta performance, even with the holes

I didn't get to see the ATL performances sadly

Looking at last night - I think the holes hurt them, both in GE and performance captions - that was a LOT of holes

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I didn't get to see the ATL performances sadly

Looking at last night - I think the holes hurt them, both in GE and performance captions - that was a LOT of holes

Had to... I agree.   Reminds me a bit of the Cavies' situation in 2015, when they weren't the same for a few shows while dealing with the illness that hit the corps.

Wanted to give a shoutout to Larry at YEA doing the ticket sales! You rock, sir! So excited for tomorrow at Annapolis!!! :-) Bringing 20-something of my kids!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Yes!  May the Holy Name Cadets wholly recover from being the Holey Name Cadets.

Wait, I see what you did there.

I just watched the Vic Firth lot video from San Antonio.  Battery is really cleaning up nicely!  

Full disclosure, I actually chose to watch the Boston Crusaders lot video first.  I just love Colin's writing, and WOW!  TONS of notes, just like always.  Really intense.  

I don't know if percussion has ever been as strong, top to bottom, as it is this year.  It's pretty mind-blowing, actually!  And Cadets are right there!

• Like 1

For those going to Indy that want to attend alumni and corps events.
https://yea.org/news/2054-everything-you-need-to-know-for-championships-2