Cadets 2018

Look at the entire activity, and how strong so many corps are, well past finals placement. 13th thru 19th are great shows, with solid corps, that are giving it everything they have got to be top 12 worthy. A rebuilding year like this one for the Cadets, and a solid 7th place ranking ! stay hungry !! but stay proud !!! you are truly Cadets !!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I’m not hung up on scores 

holding serve this year is a huge win 

Absolutely... If on April 6th someone would have told you that Cadets would be where they are right now, Cadets 2 would be challenging for a DCA championship and USBANDS would have the same number of bands signed up for the Fall season folks would think that person was crazy. Well here we are and I for one am grateful this is the situation. Cadets have something powerful to build upon and the 2018 Cadets will go down in Cadets lore as one of the iconic groups of all time. Just like 1980, which set the stage for the championship run for the next decade.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Playing devil's advocate...but who do the Cadets pass next year? 

I am saying this because this is the first year in recent memory that ALL of the top 6 shows are great. Looking back just to 15/16 the Cavaliers and Boston weren't as competitive and you had BK knocking on the door of the back half of finals. There has always been a gap between the top groups and BK...and the Cadets this year are already past BK but a distance from the top groups.

I know we are all used to the Cadets being in the mix for a championship and I would love a 7 horse race... I just think they have a lot of work ahead of them to make it that way

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see how far (if) they finish out of the top six next Saturday. Then we will know whether "hold serve" or "some changes" or wholesale changes are needed

I for one am looking forward to their upcoming performances - let's keep an eye on this 2018 Cadets corps. If they are under 2 points behind ANY of the top six this weekend then things could still get interesting next week,

G.

• Like 2

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see how far (if) they finish out of the top six next Saturday. Then we will know whether "hold serve" or "some changes" or wholesale changes are needed

I for one am looking forward to their upcoming performances - let's keep an eye on this 2018 Cadets corps. If they are under 2 points behind ANY of the top six this weekend then things could still get interesting next week,

G.

Who says reality is not as interesting as fiction or fantasy?

Let's go Cadets.

G.

NEXT SATURDAY?!?!?!?

OMG THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER?!?!!?!?!

IT JUST STARTED!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

I'm so proud of both Cadets and C2. Through all of their struggles on and off the field since April, they have been true Cadets. They are laying the foundation for the future, just like the 80 and 81 corps did.

and C2 is in the hunt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1