Cadets 2018

7 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

1st in VA Comp!? A great number from the best perc. judge in the business?

5 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

just watched Cadets run. holy wow what a run. they added some real stank to sensamaya, and wow they are cooking in that closer. absolutely have the potential to blow the roof off of LOS next weekend.

This all just proved the point I stated earlier: 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:48 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I'm not debating that the use of props is going away, nor should they. Remember, Cadets used props back in 1995, 1996, 1999 (questionable),  and 2005. Now although the majority of those props they used were stationary, they still used them. I agree that the use of props has become more active, meaning corps are using them for more than just to provide a visual "set the scene" type of deal, but where in DCI does it say corps cannot use intricate, fast-paced drill AND use props? My belief that corps are choosing not to do that is based on what I'm seeing. I believe that a corps CAN use both props and great drill and incorporate it into the show. It just needs to be done well in order to receive credit in my opinion. I believe Cadets can do it with the right staff and the right type of show. Nothing is impossible. 

OMFG LISTEN TO THIS CROWD!!!!!

I am really sad I missed this.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 5

WOW!:dancin::babies:

49 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I think we should keep in mind there were two positive reasons for the reaction to last night’s performance. As they entered the field and started the show, it was emotional support and recognition of getting as far as they have. The response at the end was all about the show. Cadets did an amazing job. I have a feeling that no matter what Indy brings, whether they surge ahead or land where many have predicted, last night’s show will be the season highlight for Cadets.

• Like 2

Last night was a powerful and emotional run for the Cadets. Great job!

I do wonder if they will take a step back on Monday, score-wise. I will admit I didn’t expect them to break 90 this season. I wonder if the score last night was partly a result of the powerful audience reaction at the corps’ home show.

Just a thought. It was wonderful to see such a passionate show from the Cadets. 

34 minutes ago, RedJazz1900 said:

I do wonder if they will take a step back on Monday, score-wise. I will admit I didn’t expect them to break 90 this season. I wonder if the score last night was partly a result of the powerful audience reaction at the corps’ home show.

Let's hope it's momentum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedJazz1900 said:

Having watched about 10 shows this season in person, it seems to me that World Class currently breaks down into fairly well-defined groups. There is the top tier of shows that make the audience say “Wow” every time. There is the second tier of corps who are giving performances that could/should be finals-worthy (or close), and then everyone else.  The top group has included SCV, BD, Bloo and Crown all season, subsequently joined by BAC and Cavs. The second group goes down to 14-15, and it’s going to be a photo finish for the 12th spot with the emergence of Mandarins, the improved game of Spirit of Atlanta and Academy to offset the demise of Scouts.

Last night, marching a full corps for the first time all season, and with some nice final improvements to the show, The Cadets took what were some excellent building blocks - great music and iconic drill - and pulled them together with a clean, emotional performance into that “Wow” group.  If they don’t take a step down in execution, they can stay in that top group through finals regardless of placement or final score number. And to me that would be a great accomplishment for the season.

Edited by Icer

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Video doesn’t do it justice