Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, RedJazz1900 said:

Last night was a powerful and emotional run for the Cadets. Great job!

I do wonder if they will take a step back on Monday, score-wise. I will admit I didn’t expect them to break 90 this season. I wonder if the score last night was partly a result of the powerful audience reaction at the corps’ home show.

Just a thought. It was wonderful to see such a passionate show from the Cadets. 

I predict a 92 plus on Monday

they are getting quite good and perhaps the illnesses were suppressing those scores the past week

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I think we should keep in mind there were two positive reasons for the reaction to last night’s performance. As they entered the field and started the show, it was emotional support and recognition of getting as far as they have. The response at the end was all about the show. Cadets did an amazing job. I have a feeling that no matter what Indy brings, whether they surge ahead or land where many have predicted, last night’s show will be the season highlight for Cadets.

They will be extremely well received in Indy 

• Thanks 1

I like seeing more subcaptions above their overall placement (the 1s, 2s, 3s across the recap) than below (the 5s and 6s).  5 versus 3.

I think this is their latest entrance into the 90s maybe going back to the 1980s, maybe because of the illnesses. But man, watching on Flo, that was SOME entrance!

If I can presume that Vanguard would have been around 96 on Friday, that puts Cadets 6 pts out of 1st, which is right where a 6th place corps tends to be. Hmmm :35_thinking:

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 2

very emotional last evening..when the ballad came to a close everyone in my section of the stands stood applauding until the end of the show..almost surreal..thank you Cadets for being the Cadets AGAIN!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

OMFG LISTEN TO THIS CROWD!!!!!

I am really sad I missed this.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Video doesn’t do it justice

It's just been so long since I've heard a crowd reaction LIKE THIS for the Cadets. I love the sight and sound of a crowd jumping to their feet before the last note!! GOOD JOB CADETS!!!

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 6

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

It's just been so long since I've heard a crowd reaction for the Cadets. I love the sight and sound of a crowd jumping to their feet before the last note!! GOOD JOB CADETS!!!

members and staff are going to be so pumped now polishing the show and heading into Indy - something the Cadets haven't been able to feel the last several seasons where either they were making stupid last minute change (thanks but no thanks design genius) or their score was heading down, not up

loved that crowd reaction!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's just been so long since I've heard a crowd reaction LIKE THIS for the Cadets. I love the sight and sound of a crowd jumping to their feet before the last note!! GOOD JOB CADETS!!!

Even with a show that was not as well constructed as this one, the crowd at finals last year had a huge reaction to the finale. You can find it on YouTube - probably the biggest response to a show that far out of contention that you will see, and it is because it was delivered with enormous emotion and energy by the members who believed in the show despite its shortcomings. This show is far better, and if delivered with the same intensity as the final run last year, will generate an even bigger response. 

• Like 2

the reaction to the Cadets last night was reminiscent of the audience responses to the Caballeros and Skyliners  at the "DREAM " ..BITD

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They will be extremely well received in Indy 

True, and maybe I’m a bit on the sentimental side, but last night, with so many family members in attendance, Cadets alums, fans of rivals such as Crown and BAC, all lending support, at a stadium where many heated battles and victories, dating back to when Cadets called Garfield home took place, not to mention a great exhibition by C2 and Cadets amazing performance, I would think last night will have a spot in the memory of all who performed last night.