Cadets 2018

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm gonna be bold and say Cadets WILL overtake Cavies by finals.

Yes. I went there. 

Having seen both back to back in Allentown, I agree. The Cadets visual design and their performance levels right now should propel them up and over the Cavies.  And, I had tears at the Z pull.  George Z is smiling right now.  GO CADETS! 

• Like 4

Just now, craiga said:

Having seen both back to back in Allentown, I agree. The Cadets visual design and their performance levels right now should propel them up and over the Cavies.  And, I had tears at the Z pull.  George Z is smiling right now.  GO CADETS! 

Agreed! Keep it going, Cadets!

On 8/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I'm sorry, but

THAT. CROWD!!!!!

I was part of that crowd screaming my head off for their performance.  I saw them perform in June at the Allentown show and they have improved so much.  It's good to be excited about the Cadets once again!!!!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sched88 said:

I was part of that crowd screaming my head off for their performance.  I saw them perform in June at the Allentown show and they have improved so much.  It's good to be excited about the Cadets once again!!!!

I'm so jealous of you right now. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, Tim K said:

I was in Indy too, and in 2016 and 2017, I felt the response to Cadets was hardly what it was, in say 2013. Of course it does depend on where you sit. The other thing with Indy as opposed to Allentown, the crowd is larger with more folks who could care less about the issues that can consume DCP.

2016 was such a disappointing show, and the mood of the corps and spectators reflected it. 2017 was quirky. As a marching show it had a lot of issues, the robes were an impediment, the choir was too big, and the presentation was hamhanded in spots. And yet the kids loved it and delivered such a convincing performance that I think they actually overachieved (hard to say that about 7th place but the show had that many problems). The audience seemed to respond to that. 2013 was completely different. That was a really good show end-to-end. I only saw Indy on the webcast, but I was in Allentown. That was pretty much the last time The Cadets put it all together. I know these things are highly subjective, but I think this show is better than 2016 or 2017, and if it doesn’t quite have the musical difficulty of 2014 or 2015, it is nicely staged and has a better visceral appeal.

One more thing I have noticed. The reaction of the audience changes if they have seen a show a lot of times. Some shows stand up better to repeated viewing, some don’t do as well.  Last year, for example, I thought Cavs and BD had shows people never got tired of seeing.  This year I think SCV, Crown and Cadets all have shows that are as good whether you have seen them one time or five times, whereas BAC, for example, is great the first time or two, but then you know the story. And bloo might have the same challenge as last year. First time you see them the set blows you away. Then you get desensitized to the big props, and what’s left is not enough great marching and (like Crown last year) an overpresentation of the vocalist. But I could be all wet here. We’ll have to see. 

Edited by Icer
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cadets have arrived at Knightstown, IN high school and are hard at work for their LOS performances.  All the best to all of you.

LET'S GET IT!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm gonna be bold and say Cadets WILL overtake Cavies by finals.

Yes. I went there. 

Someone early in the season predicted Cadets would finish 5th (wasn’t me but I did agree with the statement).  Why stop at Cavies?

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1