Cadets 2018

On 9/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, George Dixon said:

Didn't get to see them live (except in an August rehearsal) but hope someone took a video

Congrats to C2 for continuing to become a FORCE in the drum corps world. Surging into second place - that's 1st, 2nd, 2nd the past 3 years. Woo hoo!!

Well... 1st, 3rd, and 2nd, but who's counting. :laughing:

Seriously... when Rich Templin and John Molloy came on board in 2015, C2 went from stuck in 5th (and quite honestly, lucky to have been that high at least one year) to a legit DCA title contender. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Both gentlemen have moved on, but C2 now knows how to get it done on a limited schedule (limited compared to touring DCI, of course). Not necessarily the case before 2015.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Well... 1st, 3rd, and 2nd, but who's counting. :laughing:

Seriously... when Rich Templin and John Molloy came on board in 2015, C2 went from stuck in 5th (and quite honestly, lucky to have been that high at least one year) to a legit DCA title contender. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Both gentlemen have moved on, but C2 now knows how to get it done on a limited schedule (limited compared to touring DCI, of course). Not necessarily the case before 2015.

edited now to read: Jon Molloy is making a great contribution at Fusion. Count him as one sadly no longer in the Cadets organization imo.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

As Rich Templin had a strong history with Reading, so Jon Molloy is making a great contribution at Fusion. Count him as one sadly no longer in the Cadets organization imo.

Losing John was not good, I agree.  He is great at what he does.

You might be thinking of Rich Hammond with the Bucs. As far as I know, Rich Templin does not have much, if any, history with them. Westshoremen, Caballeros, and C2. Plus years as a judge and/or administrator.

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Losing John was not good, I agree.  He is great at what he does.

You might be thinking of Rich Hammond with the Bucs. As far as I know, Rich Templin does not have much, if any, history with them. Westshoremen, Caballeros, and C2. Plus years as a judge and/or administrator.

Yup, you're right. On this side of the Hudson, one easily confuses one Pennsylvania Richard for another. I edited that quoted 

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1