Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

I do sense a bit of sarcasm in your post but...

Look at BKs numbers on the Atlanta sheet. I believe they are 7th in brass/percussion and 14th in guard. They have just about every placement covered 7-14 by the judges.

a bit of sarcasm - but mostly corps are lined up in all the captions, but yes - there are exceptions when something is extreme such as their guard

6 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

What has happened with Cadet's percussion?  I assumed with Tom Aungst back in the driving seat they would challenge for the top?  Maybe they don't have the same talent as the top lines?  I know nothing about percussion but Cadet's sound really strong to my untrained ears!

visual design has happened to Cadets percussion

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so you believe that in 2016 Cadets had the sixth best percussion & brass?

but the judging is a bit suspect at times, all I'm saying...

It was disgusting that Cavaliers beat Cadets in brass at 2016 finals. Wayne Dillon should be covered in shame.

Propaganda was a great show and far better design than Awakening or whatever it was called but the brass performance scoring that night was ludicrously bad.

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

It was disgusting that Cavaliers beat Cadets in brass at 2016 finals. Wayne Dillon should be covered in shame.

Propaganda was a great show and far better design than Awakening or whatever it was called but the brass performance scoring that night was ludicrously bad.

The only thing disgusting about The Cadets at finals in 2016 is that they didn't shower ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

In fact, I will go this far. I am NOT a 'DCI tells the judges what to put down' guy. But if I can tell from CDs how much more competent Cadets brass was than Cavies that night, it wouldn't surprise me if Wayne Dillon's unconscious thought was, 'Cavies sure as hell aren't placing sixth because of me.'

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Yup. The opposite has happened as well, in 2011 Cadets won with a very dirty corps and got really strong caption rankings and I was shocked in the opposite direction lol, especially visually they were overscored