Cadets 2018

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Despite what Mr.Sunshine said on the other thread. 

Usually best to ignore him. He's been pretty negative from the beginning. 

• Like 2

Now on the recaps G. Oliviero had Cadets in fourth on the performance subcaption. We all know that the drum corps plague is still about with mms recovering. That being said, I am anticipating a healthy score, or more rightly a score for the healthy corps.

Coincidentally, Carolina Crown had already anticipated a standstill rather than a full show run for them in Salem, Va tonite also due to illness. As it turned out, only 2 corps made it through before rain there turned the show into only a stand still.

In re-thinking the tour for next year, some "virus breaks" may need to be considered by Indy front office particularly if Texas tour and Swamp tour remain on calendars. High correlation of corps getting sick at certain times if one looks at a ten year over view. 

13 hours ago, afd said:

Actually they aren't "right there".  7th in percussion out of 8 corps at NightBeat. And 8th in perc. at Atlanta.  I don't call that being right there.......sorry.

actually given the quality of the top 12 drumlines, they're there

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Now on the recaps G. Oliviero had Cadets in fourth on the performance subcaption. We all know that the drum corps plague is still about with mms recovering. That being said, I am anticipating a healthy score, or more rightly a score for the healthy corps.

Coincidentally, Carolina Crown had already anticipated a standstill rather than a full show run for them in Salem, Va tonite also due to illness. As it turned out, only 2 corps made it through before rain there turned the show into only a stand still.

In re-thinking the tour for next year, some "virus breaks" may need to be considered by Indy front office particularly if Texas tour and Swamp tour remain on calendars. High correlation of corps getting sick at certain times if one looks at a ten year over view. 

agreed, it seems leaving Texas opens up the floodgates

Just got back from taking a bunch of my kids to Annapolis.

Scott's smile is a whole universe away from the scowl of his predecessor.  Just saying.      

Also, I LOVE this show.  I loved it on youtube, and I LOVED it live.  Ballad to the end is gold.  It's so different from the rest of the corps tonight.  Run and play.  I... just... LOVE it!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

visual design has happened to Cadets percussion

I thought Cadet’s percussion is staged much better this season than last?  

It’s going to be interesting to see what staff changes take place in the off season I wonder if Cadets can entice Pete Weber to write for them next year?

Edited by DCI-86