Cadets 2018

On 12/15/2017 at 9:43 AM, Fran Haring said:

There was a time when DCI added fuel to that fire, when it came to the perception of what DCA was all about.

The hatchet-job "feature" on DCA they did for one of the telecasts... 1989, I think it was... portrayed DCA and all-age corps as a less-than-savory alternative, shall we say. LOL.

That, plus the mantra on several broadcasts back then that "your drum corps career is over" when you age out of DCI.

To DCI's credit... they, as an organization, don't do stuff like that anymore on a wide scale. Full props to them for that.

However, I've heard stories, from credible sources,  of it still happening on an individual-corps level. One DCI East... 2007, somewhere around then... a director of a top DCI corps called the defending DCA champion (who was doing an exhibition at the show) a "bunch of drunks."  That is so dishonest it's laughable. That DCA corps is the furthest thing from a "bunch of drunks."

and i heard it 3 years ago in Allentown. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

is nobody going to talk about the color guard staff thing?

Which is?

2 hours ago, exitmusic said:

is nobody going to talk about the color guard staff thing?

1 hour ago, dcifan1999 said:

Which is?

not this re-tread again. Regurgitum ad infinitum.

Exitmusic only brings up negative anti-Cadet themes it seems.

read his content on DCP. He has a bone to pick and has yet to bury it sadly. All of this has nothing to do with the current 2018 Cadets mms. Move along at least for the Christmas season in its spirit of good will.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/profile/114-exitmusic/

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1

Some of You people stink. If ya got something to say, say it. Stop with the coy crap. I'm tired of it - Why isn't anyone talking about that one guy?  You know..yeah about why he left. And we know where he is now. Why don't They have an issue with him?  Because of his past. It was in the newspaper that one time. You know. It's public record and all. Why don't you go look it up?

• Like 2