Cadets 2018

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

presently, the Mummers are still disputing New Year's Day trophies I hear. Besides, no one said Hopkins would announce the 2018 costuming.

In other news, Chris Collinsworth has now been officially dropped by YEA as the announcer to the June 30th and August first contests.

just the fancies. string bands are fine.

and their usual guy has bad fashion sense, but he's far better than Collingsworth

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

This thread confuses me now too as I could have sworn that Xandandl and dans did not want this thread topic to be about anything else but the Cadets 2018 and got very,.. VERY..  annoyed less than a week ago when other Corps or non Cadets 2018 discussions were brought into a discussion on this thread.  Was I perhaps dreaming ?

Only partially. I was not even close to "very, VERY annoyed" by the referenced topic. Was just pointing out the double standards by some of the moderators on this site. Trust me, I have far more important things to concern myself with than DCP. Part of the fun regarding DCP is to sit back and watch the misrepresentation of actual words and how some things are blown way out of proportion.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It's Philly.   I'd put a Mummers band out front. :tongue:

don't forget the mini bikes !!

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

just the fancies. string bands are fine.

and their usual guy has bad fashion sense, but he's far better than Collingsworth

Wow... so someone other than me has bad fashion sense?   LOL

The below video was posted on Mr. Hopkin's Facebook page without any further explanation other than "This stuff takes time".   Possible prop for Cadets of C2?  I guess time will tell.

Well, nevermind.   He removed the video already.

Edited by Eleran

4 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I can't wait for the members to use up all their energy moving those out of the trucks, to rehearsal, to trucks, to the gate, onto the show field, and off.

video has disappeared already, at least on my computer program.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I can't wait for the members to use up all their energy moving those out of the trucks, to rehearsal, to trucks, to the gate, onto the show field, and off.

Haven't seen the video but Boston survived their 36 banners and 12 windmills and the Cadets had many props in various shows in the past.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1