Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I like the idea of a Candide show, but I would LOVE if Cadets did an On The Town show. The music just screams Cadets all the way. Plus, they've only done one piece from the musical, back in 2002.

An On The Waterfront show would be great, too.

I think a full fledged On The Waterfront would be great. As one that marched 86, I think the music was only touched.

it may be a bit dark in todays standards.  but given the right treatment, and not going overboard in a cheesy way...............would have potential to be awesome

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting what the Bernstein Foundation has to say the way it is portrayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

I think a full fledged On The Waterfront would be great. As one that marched 86, I think the music was only touched.

it may be a bit dark in todays standards.  but given the right treatment, and not going overboard in a cheesy way...............would have potential to be awesome

So I'm also in the On the Waterfront camp

id love to see it done in black and white like the movie with a gritty edge... but set today in terms of large black and white photos as backdrops that turn around to all white for the guard feature pairing couples interacting against the back drop 

tell the non literally story of love crossing boundaries aka WSS 

its a terrific piece of music and is very percussion dependent in many parts, I feel it would highlight the corps strengths while providing a subtle story line set to a powerful score. And yes, they should bring back the boxing rings lol 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes!  On the Waterfront!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum.  Which is what I am...."

That would be great, too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So I'm also in the On the Waterfront camp

id love to see it done in black and white like the movie with a gritty edge... but set today in terms of large black and white photos as backdrops that turn around to all white for the guard feature pairing couples interacting against the back drop 

tell the non literally story of love crossing boundaries aka WSS 

its a terrific piece of music and is very percussion dependent in many parts, I feel it would highlight the corps strengths while providing a subtle story line set to a powerful score. And yes, they should bring back the boxing rings lol 

I agree. But given the current state of body movement, etc. it may be a tuff sell. I am with you tho. Play to the strength of the corps.  There is so much potential for a Waterfront show.

I agree, subtle. But it is a powerfull piece, They have nothing to lose. Go solid Cadets, demanding drill, musicality. Maybe, just maybe, do Cadets  and say WTF, you don't like it. so be it. Take a risk and throw it out there.

Do a version of, if not exact Cadets uniform. Say, this is who we are. Bring it.

 

BTW, I have a set of the fabric of the boxing rings George.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldcadetsop said:

 Maybe, just maybe, do Cadets  and say WTF, you don't like it. so be it. Take a risk and throw it out there.

Best. Idea. Ever. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

I agree. But given the current state of body movement, etc. it may be a tuff sell. I am with you tho. Play to the strength of the corps.  There is so much potential for a Waterfront show.

I agree, subtle. But it is a powerfull piece, They have nothing to lose. Go solid Cadets, demanding drill, musicality. Maybe, just maybe, do Cadets  and say WTF, you don't like it. so be it. Take a risk and throw it out there.

Waterfront has moments for movement especially with a more Film Noir approach 

It also allows for massive moments of music and a big brass ballad moment 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Best. Idea. Ever. 

Put the traditional uniforms on. Bring a solid ferocious piece of music. Say go for it.  AKA what Waterfront is actually about. March a kick ### drill with a solid music book. And say ya know what, this is us. Don't like it. TUff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

"I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum.  Which is what I am...."

That would be great, too. 

I love that scene in the Taxi, one of the best moments on film EVER 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.