Cadets 2018

Just more reason why they shouldn't announce things that are a "work in progress". Only announce things that are certain (like the music selections). We don't need to be a part of the design process. That process is usually messy, and showing us what's going on behind the curtain can produce mixed signals/reactions. It's like publishing a rough draft.... I appreciate the transparency on some things, but overall we're better off not knowing, imo. 

• Like 1

So did Shane Gwaltney end up leaving the design team??

I notice he is not listed on the website, after that big article they released in the fall about him being involved.

If so, what is the deal with hiring design staff, and then them not lasting through the winter.....WTF?

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so this will be nicknamed "social media" LOL

Oh ####. I didn’t read the title that way but you’re right. It’s going to be about twitter/facebook (bc Hop loves facebook because he’s old) oh laaawwd

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2018 at 11:58 PM, FTNK said:

Oh ####. I didn’t read the title that way but you’re right. It’s going to be about twitter/facebook (bc Hop loves facebook because he’s old) oh laaawwd

yup and with all thats going on in the world, people either praise or blame social media for it's issues

On 3/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Brass34 said:

Just more reason why they shouldn't announce things that are a "work in progress". Only announce things that are certain (like the music selections). We don't need to be a part of the design process. That process is usually messy, and showing us what's going on behind the curtain can produce mixed signals/reactions. It's like publishing a rough draft.... I appreciate the transparency on some things, but overall we're better off not knowing, imo. 

Don't worry about the title.  Have you listened to any of the brass rehearsals?  The mashup of Sensemaya and Sound of Silence is brilliant, the musicianship that will be demonstrated if they play it properly will impress the judges, and the opportunities for properly featuring the percussion in the piece are practically endless (compared to last year where the percussion was not as dramatically showcased).  This has the potential to be a spectacular show.  Let's see if they can write drill that will compliment the music, and if they can pull it off with this year's veteran corps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Don't worry about the title.  Have you listened to any of the brass rehearsals?  The mashup of Sensemaya and Sound of Silence is brilliant, the musicianship that will be demonstrated if they play it properly will impress the judges, and the opportunities for properly featuring the percussion in the piece are practically endless (compared to last year where the percussion was not as dramatically showcased).  This has the potential to be a spectacular show.  Let's see if they can write drill that will compliment the music, and if they can pull it off with this year's veteran corps.

This. Listening to them yesterday down at Salem (along with the C2 gang), it's obvious that they've stepped up their game. Lots of vets and what seems to be a VERY enthusiastic team surrounding them...I'm looking forward to 2 very competitive ensembles. C2 brass in the auditorium was very impressive, even outside the circle!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

Let's see if they can write drill that will compliment the music, and if they can pull it off with this year's veteran corps.

You're right, but this might be true for all corps.  Then again, I don't think the BD write drill that fits what's being played.  I could be wrong though.

50 minutes ago, Icer said:

Best piece of good news I've heard in a long time. I hope you're right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Best piece of good news I've heard in a long time. I hope you're right. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth.  That's the way 2C.  Image result for relaxing emoji

Edited by Ghost