Cadets 2018

15 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

I wonder if they are still going to be remote controlled?  

From what is rumored, "they" are still working on the anti-hacking factor: other competitors and fans, GH, and woodwinds with abandonment issues. :-D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

From what is rumored, "they" are still working on the anti-hacking factor: other competitors and fans, GH, and woodwinds with abandonment issues. :-D

the props do not appear to be "remote controlled" or motorized (or lit) 

they are a basic box that the members rotate/turn using the handles on each end. They also have "trap doors" on the ends to store guard silks and equipment in so the field has a very clean look

The roll out on the field then the members tip them on the side and add a "lazy susan" type contraption to the middle and then they can be "spun" 

They appear to be effective and well-constructed

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

Ara Batur is going to be THE moment of the season. Vocalists are integrated to perfection

I hope there are tons of “THE moment of the summer” this year! From a variety of corps.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

Ara Batur is going to be THE moment of the season. Vocalists are integrated to perfection

You mean this crew?  Someone I know took this wonderful photo. )) Several vets in this section.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'm certain they can find help from IT people on how to set up a secure remote connection. If they can't... PM me. I think I may know a pro who could advise. Did similar work on remote cameras and mics for various events for TV. Last thing you'd want is some cluck hacking into a zip line camera at an NFL game... :cool:

A few WGI groups have had remote controlled devices very successfully integrated into their shows.  Can't see why DCI couldn't also make it work.

• Like 1

In the revised schedule, Cadets are slated to do the Beanpot show at Manning Bowl in Lynn on July 2nd.  DCI web schedule has them and Bluecoats appearing, then Score announcements, then Boston Crusaders  to follow.  Quite odd, no?  And a double intermission too.

{Edit:  Who says no one in Indy listens to DCP?  Schedule has been slightly adjusted now to include Crown with Bloo and Cadets before scores, Boston to follow.

https://www.dci.org/events/east-coast-classic}

Edited by xandandl