Cadets 2018

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey GH, for 2018, let's do something with noooo voice!

I cringe every time I imagine those vocals 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm interested to see what new rules he might present.

Marching woodwinds.  May as well just deliver the coup-de-grace and get it over with.  I mean, that's all that's left, innit?

11 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

sadly I love that show

one of the few "mature" presentations ...Taking a chance with material that even alludes to religion took balls(imo)..and after reading some of the reviews it may have in part been their downfall....With rolling circular objects,flames  et al  being rewarded , bernstein 's mass didn't have a chance

• Like 4

18 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey GH, for 2018, let's do something with noooo voice!

I actually came to like the choral work once they got the balance right. However, when it comes to narration, there are very few situations where I think it adds to the artistic impact of the show. I think narration is like habanero peppers in that a little bit goes a very long way. But I think the choral work added a lot to the effect of Mass this year. There is a lot that can be done with live choral groups if treated like a harmonic section (akin to the score for brass). While I thought that Crown's vocalist was nearly Broadway quality this year, there are examples (too numerous to mention) from other groups over the years where the vocalists detracted from the ensemble performances. Just my $.02.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

one of the few "mature" presentations ...Taking a chance with material that even alludes to religion took balls(imo)..and after reading some of the reviews it may have in part been their downfall....With rolling circular objects,flames  et al  being rewarded , bernstein 's mass didn't have a chance

agreed