Cadets 2018

21 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

the ballad is my favorite of the year.

last week when I saw the corps for all performances except Raritan and the am parades, I found myself drawing much solace from how Noah leads that singing, the beautiful duet, the hornline melody, the pit , and the combined ensemble and quartet.

This week, with the major challenges slamming me in the face since I'm back (a family death, a housing loss, some bank detected bank fraud while I was on the road) I'm drawing on the solace a lot and humming what I heard. Almost like that piece PR did several seasons back from the British Airways commercial. So beautiful and spiritual. Thank you Cadets.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Uhhh, so it looks like Cadets could get beat by Mandarins. How crazy is THAT?

About as crazy as Crown getting beat by BAC, a corps that barely made finals just two years ago...but it looks like that's what we're headed towards. The times are a-changin.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Uhhh, so it looks like Cadets could get beat by Mandarins. How crazy is THAT?

Crazy good, if you ask me. Cadets are doing exactly what they needed to do this year, and kudos to Mandarins for stepping up their game. It's been the same group at the top for so long, Mandarins, SOA etc are just what we needed right now. BD, SCV, Bloo et al should watch their rear view mirrors. I'm excited for the future, thunderous goo and unitumes notwithstanding.

Not to  take anything away from the Mandarins, but the show last night was missing the brass, percussion, and color guard. I wonder if that would  have made a difference in the scoring?

• Like 2