Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, Barneveld said:

A show sponsor is supposed to provide housing ( somewhere between 12 to 24 hours, not sure the exact amount). Any housing above the required amount of time is the responsibility of the corps to aquire and pay for. Although I've seen in some cases the show sponsor would help a corps, if it was able to.

If this had happened during the previous "administration," the entire town would have probably been on blast and badmouthed.

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

If this had happened during the previous "administration," the entire town would have probably been on blast and badmouthed.

A wise man once said on Sunday: "Well we are in 2018 now and he's gone, so we can move on from that. No point crying over spilled milk." :-)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

A wise man once said on Sunday: "Well we are in 2018 now and he's gone, so we can move on from that. No point crying over spilled milk." :-)

I'm just saying....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I agree.  Time to put “that guy” in the rear view mirror.  Healthier and speeds up the healing process.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

and made national news

On 7/3/2018 at 9:15 AM, mfrontz said:

I'm just catching up a week later with this excellent Philadelphia Inquirer article, reported from the competition in Allentown. If anyone else missed it like me, be sure to also listen to the interview with the reporter, Tricia Nadolny, conducted by Nina Feldman of radio station WHYY. There's a Soundcloud link in the article, or you can hear it here:

WHYY: Allentown's famed Cadets rise again...

I have a question about something noted in this tweet from the day of the article on Nadolny's feed, where she acknowledges a joke about "zebra cakes" (and has some interplay with DCP's Kevin Gamin). That's obviously a reference to their uniforms this year, but what is the source? Using DCP's search function, I found just a few references to that phrase, all here in the Orlando thread, five days after Nadolny's tweet, where Kevin and others treat it as a familiar inside joke. I didn't notice it mentioned otherwise on Nadolny's feed, in the Inquirer article, or in the broadcast. Is it a term that is used among the members this year that she picked up during her day at the Allentown show? I am etymologically curious.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'm just catching up a week later with this excellent Philadelphia Inquirer article, reported from the competition in Allentown. If anyone else missed it like me, be sure to also listen to the interview with the reporter, Tricia Nadolny, conducted by Nina Feldman of radio station WHYY. There's a Soundcloud link in the article, or you can hear it here:

WHYY: Allentown's famed Cadets rise again...

I have a question about something noted in this tweet from the day of the article on Nadolny's feed, where she acknowledges a joke about "zebra cakes" (and has some interplay with DCP's Kevin Gamin). That's obviously a reference to their uniforms this year, but what is the source? Using DCP's search function, I found just a few references to that phrase, all here in the Orlando thread, five days after Nadolny's tweet, where Kevin and others treat it as a familiar inside joke. I didn't notice it mentioned otherwise on Nadolny's feed, in the Inquirer article, or in the broadcast. Is it a term that is used among the members this year that she picked up during her day at the Allentown show? I am etymologically curious.

It's from Twitter. The Cadets and the Little Debbie (company who makes Zebra Cakes) company traded jokes on twitter about the uniforms, and they even got zebra cakes sent to the corps for free! It blew up

Edited by Dcbae!23
Wrote Hostess instead of Little Debbie...
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

It's from Twitter. The Cadets and the Hostess (company who makes Zebra Cakes) company traded jokes on twitter about the uniforms, and they even got zebra cakes sent to the corps for free! It blew up

Cool story..totally missed it...

• Like 2