Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

BFJ is s fictional characterization which combines the back flip gold shorts character that defeated “Adonis” in the 2016 show with the Jesus in the 2017 show. The same member played both. The Jesus character never actually back flipped however they were both uniquely bad ideas. The member himself was great. 

The creative ideas were horrific, so I combined them and coined the term backflip Jesus 

the rest is history 

Even without an actual backflip by "Jesus" in 2017... the dancing was enough for me to wonder if He Who Shall Not Be Named had completely lost touch with whatever semblance of reality he was still in touch with. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Regarding the last few pages of this thread, and whether to mention...uhhh... that guy...:ninja:... once again, words of wisdom from Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy.  :tongue:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  Everyone has a story. 

I have a story: 

I was walking out of the Situation Room up the stairs, and I tripped, fell on my face, ripped my suit pants, and my tie wrapped around my neck and almost strangled me. Suffice it to say, I got off work early. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I have a story: 

I was walking out of the Situation Room up the stairs, and I tripped, fell on my face, ripped my suit pants, and my tie wrapped around my neck and almost strangled me. Suffice it to say, I got off work early. 

You’d get so many views on YouTube with that. 

• Haha 1

Mr.-Bean-4.jpg

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

I have a story: 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

To be fair, lots of people defended the former director until allegations became public.. For many, the uniform change in the middle of the 2015 was the beginning of the end.

I agree, although I feel the end was what GH forced the design team to put into the end of the 2014 show. The show that Marc Sylvester initially helped them design was really nice, and with less narration and better staging could have been a stately and reverent look at our history from a President's view point. Ultimately it got turned into hot garbage with the kitchen sink thrown into the ending.  Too bad. Very talented corps that never lost a show to any corps except the Blue Devils during the entire season until Bluecoats nabbed them on Finals night.  I feel like that was the end in the minds of many staff...even if they stay a year or two longer. 

So happy for the young and improved Cadets of today. They came out a little sluggish, but that was due to many issues and changes. In the end I feel they will have a great show come Finals and we will all have tears in our eyes regardless of placement. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been meaning to come here all week and keep forgetting. I watched the Orlando show and absolutely love this Cadets show. Such an improvement form a design and entertainment standpoint over the past two years. Good things are happening for them. Regardless of where they place finals night, this is a step in the right direction. Bravo.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree, although I feel the end was what GH forced the design team to put into the end of the 2014 show. The show that Marc Sylvester initially helped them design was really nice, and with less narration and better staging could have been a stately and reverent look at our history from a President's view point. Ultimately it got turned into hot garbage with the kitchen sink thrown into the ending.  Too bad. Very talented corps that never lost a show to any corps except the Blue Devils during the entire season until Bluecoats nabbed them on Finals night.  I feel like that was the end in the minds of many staff...even if they stay a year or two longer. 

So happy for the young and improved Cadets of today. They came out a little sluggish, but that was due to many issues and changes. In the end I feel they will have a great show come Finals and we will all have tears in our eyes regardless of placement. 

So well said. Bravo! 

2012 was a tough one for the team to swallow, then the 13 show when he forced the soft blah ending and the circus color scheme. 2014 as you put so eloquently was another wasted opportunity in the biggest way. The original design was a gold show. Then we get Oprah banners. So sad.