Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Even without an actual backflip by "Jesus" in 2017... the dancing was enough for me to wonder if He Who Shall Not Be Named had completely lost touch with whatever semblance of reality he was still in touch with. :laughing:

Catherine Burr?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Guess tonight’s Cadets score 

prize: bragging rights 

purpose: fun

my guess:

Actual score 80.70

no one else played so I win lol 

• Like 3

Nice job Cadets 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So well said. Bravo! 

2012 was a tough one for the team to swallow, then the 13 show when he forced the soft blah ending and the circus color scheme. 2014 as you put so eloquently was another wasted opportunity in the biggest way. The original design was a gold show. Then we get Oprah banners. So sad. 

Pardon me for piling on, but last night I was just thinking about how absolutely ridiculous the whole Statues crap was from beginning to the bitter end. That was, for me, the single worst drum corps show concept ever put on the field in the modern era. How anyone with ANY drum corps experience at all could think that was a good idea makes me utterly dumbfounded to this very day.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Pardon me for piling on, but last night I was just thinking about how absolutely ridiculous the whole Statues crap was from beginning to the bitter end. That was, for me, the single worst drum corps show concept ever put on the field in the modern era. How anyone with ANY drum corps experience at all could think that was a good idea makes me utterly dumbfounded to this very day.

And that stage in front of it.  Smh.  The field is your stage.  You don’t put a stage in front of a stage. If you want to add depth to your stage, put it in the back.  Sheesh.  Still bugs me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

And that stage in front of it.  Smh.  The field is your stage.  You don’t put a stage in front of a stage. If you want to add depth to your stage, put it in the back.  Sheesh.  Still bugs me. 

Mannequins. Cadets. Enough said.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It was a very very amateur telling slash reimagining of a good BOA show from a year prior “Statuesque” 

and yes, it was horrible 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Anyone who puts a stage in front of the performers should be forced to listen to a class of 4th graders playing “Amazing Grace” on kazoos on endless repeats.  A little platform like Bluecoats have, or like Cavs did last year is fine as long as it doesn’t dominate the field. And then there was the $#@& narrator.  If you are going to have vocals, SING for crying out loud. I’m hoping someday someone takes that exact same show, stages it correctly, and takes the gold medal at finals. 

• Thanks 1