Cadets 2018

That will be a long bus ride!  I sure wish DCI would design the tour so the corps would only have to spend no more than 5 hours on a bus between contests.  I know that I left my glasses in Wakefield, which were brought to the show that night and a neat Canadian Mounted Police t-shirt in Houston.  

On another point, I can't say how impressed I am with the leadership, staff, and mms this year.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

That will be a long bus ride!  I sure wish DCI would design the tour so the corps would only have to spend no more than 5 hours on a bus between contests.  I know that I left my glasses in Wakefield, which were brought to the show that night and a neat Canadian Mounted Police t-shirt in Houston.  

On another point, I can't say how impressed I am with the leadership, staff, and mms this year.  

of course, Chat is only half way to the greater Nashville/Murfreesboro area. It's meeting those mountains in northern Alabama and Georgia and the winding turns and down slopes that elongates the 360 mile trip with a multi-vehicle caravan from Mississippi to Chat, TN.  Throw in the time zone change once leaving Alabama (home of "Malfunction Junction" highway interchange...be safe!) and one loses an hour more. 

Also to be noted is that when Nashville crashed as a show site shifted to MSTU, housing shifts might have occurred for some units. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, xandandl said:

of course, Chat is only half way to the greater Nashville/Murfreesboro area. It's meeting those mountains in northern Alabama and Georgia and the winding turns and down slopes that elongates the 360 mile trip with a multi-vehicle caravan from Mississippi to Chat, TN.  Throw in the time zone change once leaving Alabama (home of "Malfunction Junction" highway interchange...be safe!) and one loses an hour more. 

Also to be noted is that when Nashville crashed as a show site shifted to MSTU, housing shifts might have occurred for some units. 

That’s a fun stretch of road there south of Chattanooga on I-75.  Weeeee! :laughing:

25 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Only 17 days left! I'm surprised no one has started a Cadets 2019 thread yet. :laughing:

ssshhh we usually do that on finals day :lle:

not that we are obsessed or anything...

So - saw a rehearsal video from last night AND I was impressed

There are a couple of very cool adjustments or changes I will not give away here that helps things move along much better in the front half of the program

The performance (at the rehearsal) is starting to look more box 5 than box 4 - I'd expect Cadets to move into the 90s fairly quickly

This corps hasn't "settled for 7th" that's for sure - may be an exciting couple of weeks. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a fun stretch of road there south of Chattanooga on I-75.  Weeeee! :laughing:

I always loved that ride. Especially, in the top bunk of a staff bus.

• Haha 1