Cadets 2018

11 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

How does flooding probably making the originally planned housing unavailable, either because it's being used as shelter or because it's flooded itself, have anything to do with whether YEA should remain in Allentown or not?

well - I'd say if you've been in a town for decades and you can't find a single school to house you maybe it's time to move to somewhere where 1. less bridges have been burned (probably the case here, cough cough GH) or 2. see # 1 

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Were you or are you currently a percussionist GD?  That's about the only Cadets section you show.  The FE, guard, and brass folks must be ticked off!  Then there's the volunteer's who want some face time.

no disrespect to the other sections, but percussion lot videos are far more available than anything else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

well - I'd say if you've been in a town for decades and you can't find a single school to house you maybe it's time to move to somewhere where 1. less bridges have been burned (probably the case here, cough cough GH) or 2. see # 1 

well...kinda.

but it's more than just the Cadets that caused the issue. There are some name corps that have made sure some schools in the region will no longer house anyone. I won't mention names, but the colors vary.

And...fewer and fewer schools just don't want outside groups in their facilities. Where I used to teach, the indoor drumline rehearsed in the cafeteria 95% of the time because we couldn't get a gym over rec leagues

• Like 4

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

no disrespect to the other sections, but percussion lot videos are far more available than anything else

lol - Vic Firth puts great content up as you mention. I'd post ones focusing on the brass or guard when Yamaha and/or DeMoulin Bros. gets more social media available to link to 

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Were you or are you currently a percussionist GD?  That's about the only Cadets section you show.  The FE, guard, and brass folks must be ticked off!  Then there's the volunteer's who want some face time.

Nope. Trumpet/Mello/French Horn background

I will find a good volunteers video for ya - they make the world go round 

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's crazy given there hasn't been much drama in a Cadets thread lately that THIS is the topic of a debate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yeah, we want more Brass videos!   

Edited by Eleran
  • Haha 1