Cadets 2018

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I love how the contra solo about a minute in is written in the drill so that the soloists nearly makes to be with the contra group, but then breaks off on his own for the solo; great way of symbolizing the idea of fraction among a group in the drill. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

BIG SCORE!

and it was a tough - DCI finals type panel too - with a couple folks that will rip the Cadets apart in prior seasons (with those design fails)

performance captions just zooming upward

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

and it was a tough - DCI finals type panel too - with a couple folks that will rip the Cadets apart in prior seasons (with those design fails)

performance captions just zooming upward

With the spread of numbers, especially in GE, it certainly seems that a "finals week push" could lie in the luck of the judges draw

• Like 1

The members must be really proud tonight with the large jump in score and the reaction from the audience.  This show is a testament to what can be accomplished in times of adversity.  This would make a great book or movie!  :lle:    The character of the members must be out of this world!   

• Like 7

AAAAA!!! 6th NEXT WEEK!!?!? AAAAAA!!! MAYBE?!??! 

I can't take this... so proud... #laughcry

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

just watched Cadets run. holy wow what a run. they added some real stank to sensamaya, and wow they are cooking in that closer. absolutely have the potential to blow the roof off of LOS next weekend.

Is it on YT?

• Like 1

I watched the Flo broadcast, and I couldn't help but cheer and clap during the Z-pull and mello runs. That energy in the closer is what I have been waiting to hear for the last month! I sensed that it was going to be a great end as soon as they started playing after the ballad, and they didn't disappoint! The mellophones and low brass sounded more confident and energized on their parts, and it made all the difference. I really hope they can pull off an even better run on finals night!