Cadets 2018

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

LOS was rocking by the end of the slow build diagonal company front. 

Was fortunate to be in Allentown last night for the show and cannot begin to express how fantastic the Cadets were. This was a statement performance. This was an EPIC performance. The intensity at the end of Sensemaya both visually and musically. The ballad. The historical references. That ending. And as another poster mentioned THAT CROWD in that historic venue. Many people march entire careers and never have a moment like what the Cadets created last night. Not only have they risen like a Phoenix from the ashes of April but they made a clear statement that they are to be reckoned with. Great job to the admin, staff and most importantly the members. FHNSAB.

• Like 8

So nice to be celebrating Cadet’s improvements at this point in the season as opposed to the last few years where the discussions were around peaking, plateau, decline, what could have been and “oh well, next year....”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icer said:

I wasn’t talking about last year in Allentown. I don’t remember much about that show.  But if you go on YouTube and search for Cadets 2017 Finals (from what I understand it’s against the rules of this forum to post links) and listen to the crowd, you will hear what I am talking about. Having been there in Indianapolis, it was heartwarming see 20,000 people on their feet cheering for so long independent of all of the hardships the corps was facing and all the negative publicity on social media (even before the sexual misconduct allegations).

I was in Indy too, and in 2016 and 2017, I felt the response to Cadets was hardly what it was, in say 2013. Of course it does depend on where you sit. The other thing with Indy as opposed to Allentown, the crowd is larger with more folks who could care less about the issues that can consume DCP.

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

How dare they say drum corps isn't good for your health, even for the spectator lol...

Let's put it this way, I would never schedule the blood work for my annual physical until at least a month after DCI given what I eat between Allentown and Indy.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

i was there last year and it was nothing like this

I was too. It may have been an isolated group, but it bothered me. Perhaps I should have taken a better look, but if I over exaggerated the response of one row last year, I don't feel I over exaggerated  the great response last night.

Edited by Tim K

2 hours ago, BigW said:

The hardest crowd to play for in DCI did that? :thumbup: Kudos.

For some odd reason, the sound isn't working for me. 

Edit: It's my browser. Works on chrome. Tears on overdrive. Congrats Cadets. 

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I was in Indy too, and in 2016 and 2017, I felt the response to Cadets was hardly what it was, in say 2013. Of course it does depend on where you sit. The other thing with Indy as opposed to Allentown, the crowd is larger with more folks who could care less about the issues that can consume DCP.

I think the best way to measure the crowd response has just been proven in that 13-second clip from backfield. That sh@t was EPIC (yes, I HATE that word, but I think it rings true here lol...). 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1