Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Someone early in the season predicted Cadets would finish 5th (wasn’t me but I did agree with the statement).  Why stop at Cavies?

Fan of the Arts

Well, I didn't wanna push my luck, but heck, so be it! 5th lol...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Ok, start praying gang.  Weather in Greater Indy becomes Cadets' next challenge to hurdle. https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USIN0328:1:US

Rain? What rain? They'll get through it! 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Rain? What rain? They'll get through it! 

giphy.gif

good aspect is that it effects everyone else too (except those $$$ corps that rented NFL stadia, etc.)  Just hoping the recently recovered don't relapse in illness. They have to be healthy at least until Monday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Ok, start praying gang.  Weather in Greater Indy becomes Cadets' next challenge to hurdle. https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USIN0328:1:US

Can we get our pretend priest back from last year?  LET US PRAY!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm gonna be bold and say Cadets WILL overtake Cavies by finals.

Yes. I went there. 

I don't really like Cavies this year (or the past two years either).  Just too noisy for my taste.  But they are GOOD.  For the Cadets to overtake them would be monumental.  Some people are talking about how good the top 6 corps are this year.  But no, it's the top SEVEN.  Actually, not even just the top 7.  Everyone is pushing each other to get better.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  From 1st through last place, I don't think there has ever been a more quality year for DCI.  It's super exciting!

I do think these Cadets will have the performance of their lifetime, and they will overtake Cavies at some point.  They are going to have to really work to get there, but they can do it!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I don't really like Cavies this year (or the past two years either).  Just too noisy for my taste.  But they are GOOD.  For the Cadets to overtake them would be monumental.  Some people are talking about how good the top 6 corps are this year.  But no, it's the top SEVEN.  Actually, not even just the top 7.  Everyone is pushing each other to get better.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  From 1st through last place, I don't think there has ever been a more quality year for DCI.  It's super exciting!

I do think these Cadets will have the performance of their lifetime, and they will overtake Cavies at some point.  They are going to have to really work to get there, but they can do it!!

You are right about that. Cavies are extremely good this year; they're another corps I've been waiting to jump back in the pack for a long time. However, I just have this feeling. Either way, they're bringing it this year and I'm looking forward to finals night (I just wish I could be there in person). 

• Like 2

Congrats to the Cadets and in particular the MM's who could have easily walked away given the amount of turmoil and the timing of it.  Nothing short of amazing. The new admin staff had a challenge like no other admin ever has.  Corps in the past have had challenges to stay alive but none had the stigma associated with the Cadets challenge and the personality that created it.  To the alumni who griped and complained about the GH factor through the years, but stuck with it to help this years corps when it was needed most you are all an incredible group and should be proud of what you did and what will undoubtedly make you burst with pride Thursday night.  Best wishes and great success this week.  Eat em up Cadets.

• Like 8