Cadets 2018

12 minutes ago, Eleran said:

And for all of you that might not be fond of this year's uniform, here is your chance to make sure the Cadets never wear it again.

If  118 of you pony up $500 each, the Cadets won't have any more of them to ever use again! 

Yes, those buckles are cherished and treasured. If there are any tissues left after the ballad, I am certain a few age-outs will need them. They earned them certainly.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

And for all of you that might not be fond of this year's uniform, here is your chance to make sure the Cadets never wear it again.

If  118 of you pony up $500 each, the Cadets won't have any more of them to ever use again! 

The colors are odd (reactions run the full range), but the MM's love the ease of movement of those uniforms.  Whatever they do next year, hope that is a minimum requirement. And the contrast between front and back provides good opportunities for visual.  Getting rid of the pineapple hats was a step that absolutely had to happen mid-season.  The original headgear was just too heavy.  One way or another, I suspect the 2019 Cadets will look quite a bit different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I'm very excited as the corps heads into finals week

Finishing a strong 7th is very impressive in such a year. VERY. Anything more than that would be gravy

"more than that" frankly includes the great momentum the corps is experiencing right now

Saw last night's run from Erie - AMAZING.

Noticeably better than even the great run on Saturday night

Guard is cleaner, horn line is cranking and the whole corps is growing in confidence

Should be a good week for Cadets! Such a testament to their perseverance - LOS will be ROCKING!

Bring your tissues - Cadets ballad is coming!! 

George

SO. AM. I. 

This is definitely the year for me where I don't care too much about where they place (ok, deep down, I still do care where they place :sneaky2::biggrin:). But the point is that they have finally given us a show that we can all get behind. They've dealt with circumstances that are unimaginable and could have caused them to fold. They've dealt with it in FINE Cadets fashion and have proven themselves to be resilient. Not only that, they have united the Alumni behind them and for the first time in a LONG time, there is not much griping in a Cadets thread (can you believe THAT!?!?!?!). 

Sad that the final week is upon us, but extremely happy that Cadets have weathered this storm and have found their soul again. 

And yes, the ballad is worth an entire box of Kleenex.

giphy.gif

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 6

Just now, mfrontz said:

Let's not get hasty. Boston is really really good.

It does however look like my hat is safe for another year

I am pretty sure he was thinking Crown. I only see two shows they could leap over - Cavaliers (possibly) and Crown (unlikely) - Boston's show is too strong in GE IMO and that guard is a WOW

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Let's not get hasty. Boston is really really good.

It does however look like my hat is safe for another year

What George said: (and what do you mean by hat?)

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I am pretty sure he was thinking Crown. I only see two shows they could leap over - Cavaliers (possibly) and Crown (unlikely) - Boston's show is too strong in GE IMO and that guard is a WOW

However, if Cadets can continue with this push they seem to have going on this year, you never know what can happen. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

What George said: (and what do you mean by hat?)

However, if Cadets can continue with this push they seem to have going on this year, you never know what can happen. 

In an early season thread I said I'd eat my hat if Mandarins beat Cadets this year.

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

In an early season thread I said I'd eat my hat if Mandarins beat Cadets this year.

Oh lol. Well if it's any consolation, before the season started, I thought Cadets wouldn't even make finals. Looks like I'll be wrong as well, thankfully. 

• Like 1