Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, Icer said:

The colors are odd (reactions run the full range), but the MM's love the ease of movement of those uniforms.  Whatever they do next year, hope that is a minimum requirement. And the contrast between front and back provides good opportunities for visual.  Getting rid of the pineapple hats was a step that absolutely had to happen mid-season.  The original headgear was just too heavy.  One way or another, I suspect the 2019 Cadets will look quite a bit different.

I have to admit, ease of movement surprises  me a bit. The only time I saw them really up close person to person was at the Wakefield July 4th parade when they took a break. To me they looked hot and bulky but it was a very hot 95+ degree day, so anything but shorts and a t-shirt would be bulky.

Some people did love the uniforms, and taste is taste, but I refrained a bit from critiquing the uniforms of Cadets or most corps for that matter. It usually only led to the stupid uniform/costume debate that is still alive and well on Facebook.  Second, in the case of Cadets, funds were tight, the uniforms were purchased, and I think the folks at Cadets had more pressing issues to deal with this spring than uniforms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

finals week....after the off season turmoil pre-April, then post April....in 7th, score climbing, making even scaring the corps ahead of them......

Kids: Just go out and kick ### like your brothers and sisters before you have done since 1934. Thrown down. Give your heart and soul. Make that crowd want to light the place up. Score is what the score is. But when you walk off that field Saturday night, tears streaming down your face, know that score aside, you gave new life to a cherished institution, and paved the way for the future of your corps. That is all the victory you need.

Something that can't be bought and they are proving that....Well said

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Something that can't be bought

Sometimes,  a timely bridge loan can do the trick too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Congrats to the Cadets and in particular the MM's who could have easily walked away given the amount of turmoil and the timing of it.  Nothing short of amazing. The new admin staff had a challenge like no other admin ever has.  Corps in the past have had challenges to stay alive but none had the stigma associated with the Cadets challenge and the personality that created it.  To the alumni who griped and complained about the GH factor through the years, but stuck with it to help this years corps when it was needed most you are all an incredible group and should be proud of what you did and what will undoubtedly make you burst with pride Thursday night.  Best wishes and great success this week.  Eat em up Cadets.

Well said, LabMaster.

• Like 1

Saturday.....IMO....put her in the traditional Cadet uniform. there's your Unity. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Does this mean he's dropped two sticks during that show?

yes, that would usually mean the first one (spare) they carried was dropped. Ahead of that solo they do this crazy flip of the stick and catch before they turn around - a very risky move in and of itself... so either the member didn't have the spare (unlikely) or dropped one prior and then one now. Audience members reported seeing 2 on the turf