Cadets 2018

8 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Bummed that they watered down the trumpet feature in Sensemaya to basically nothing. But I guess if it helps them score higher…

It wasn’t watered down to basically nothing. But hey I guess if it helps you feel better by positing that lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Not that any of them should be wasting their precious time on social media, mind you!

Of course, it was on this social media that the red headed balladeer was convinced to audition for the Cadets. And what a great gift of music and class he and his corpsmates have given us this season. True Cadets.

I think Sensemaya needs to be retired from drum corps after this year. :doh:

Also thank you @xandandl for sending me the lovely video of the Cadets ballad, I'm absolutely in love with it 

• Like 3

Thank you Doug Rutherford. Thank you Scott Litzenberg. Thank you new Board of Directors. And most importantly, thank you 2018 Cadets. You saved our corps, weathered the storms, persevered and represented the organization with dignity and class. You are the foundation upon which all future Cadets shall be built upon and will be judged by. Forever grateful to all of you for saving our corps and returning the Cadets to glory! You are our champions! Now go blow the roof off Lucas Oil!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think Sensemaya needs to be retired from drum corps after this year. :doh:

Also thank you @xandandl for sending me the lovely video of the Cadets ballad, I'm absolutely in love with it 

Hmmm.... I performed the Wind Ensemble version of this in college, and found it a really distinct, unique and cool work. Nothing else quite like it. Took a lot of work to piece that SOB together.

My guess is it's being used because it dings everything on the sheets in terms of challenge/simultaneous responsibility, etc. There are few wind band works that so easily check off those boxes. I just enjoyed playing it once we got it all figured out. You had to stay on top of it and think ahead, no mental loafing like so many other pieces while  you wait for the entrance. :satisfied:

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Thank you Doug Rutherford. Thank you Scott Litzenberg. Thank you new Board of Directors. And most importantly, thank you 2018 Cadets. You saved our corps, weathered the storms, persevered and represented the organization with dignity and class. You are the foundation upon which all future Cadets shall be built upon and will be judged by. Forever grateful to all of you for saving our corps and returning the Cadets to glory! You are our champions! Now go blow the roof off Lucas Oil!

I can attest to Scott's great love for the mms from a recent personal experience I shared with him. He's a father to each of them.

All the best to every Cadet for today, tomorrow, Saturday and forever. ...shall always be.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2