Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

So true.  Imagine the consternation in Concord, Calif, if the Blue Devils finished out of the Medals some year... say 4th( they have, although quite rare). On the other hand imagine the cartwheels they'd be doing in Sacramento, if the Mandarins finished 12th.... also imagine the  joy the Buffalo Bills football fans would feel if they ever won a Super Bowl some day, or New Yorkers/ New Jerseyites joy if the Jets franchise moved to Mexico City or London. (... ok, so the last example was posted tongue in cheek.. haha)

hey, the Jets have the same record as the Boston Patsies, and both have a better record than the Jints. Get with the times, my friend. The Bills outdo them all.

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

hey, the Jets have the same record as the Boston Patsies, and both have a better record than the Jints. Get with the times, my friend. The Bills outdo them all.

?  

The Jets went to the Super Bowl just once ( 1969.. won ), and the Buffalo Bills 4 times,  but never won a Super Bowl ( 0-4). Both the Giants ( 4 ) and the Patriots ( 3 ) have won far more Super Bowls  ( 7 combined )than the Bills and the Jets combined have ( 1).

Edited by BRASSO

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The Boston Patsies? Around here we call it Patriots Nation. I guess it's safest to assume a portrait of Tom Brady does not adorn your living room wall.

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

The Boston Patsies? Around here we call it Patriots Nation. I guess it's safest to assume a portrait of Tom Brady does not adorn your living room wall.

I have a Roger Goodell portrait that adorns the wall in my den though.

Its a working dartboard.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

?  

The Jets went to the Super Bowl just once ( 1969.. won ), and the Buffalo Bills 4 times,  but never won a Super Bowl ( 0-4). Both the Giants ( 4 ) and the Patriots ( 3 ) have won far more Super Bowls  ( 7 combined )than the Bills and the Jets combined have ( 1).

The stadium acreage where the Bills and the Giants/Jets played have hosted more Drum Corps International World Championships and TOC shows each, no matter which side of the parking lot the football field was that year, than Kraft's cheesy sandwiches while the Sullivans were shaving with Gillettes after fleecing the folks with $5 tap water after charging them $45 and up for parking across the street. At least the Met Life at the Meadowlands dispenses with parking fees for contests or charges the minimum to cover the salaries of the workers.

Getting back to the subject matter here ( Cadets... 2018 ), is it confirmed that the Cadets will be doing a show revolving around the music compositions of composer Leonard Bernstein. We had head last off season that the agreement with his Estate was to  do a multi year effort . Is that still in the works as far as we know ?

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

. At least the Met Life at the Meadowlands dispenses with parking fees for contests or charges the minimum to cover the salaries of the workers.

The Giants just pass on those " parking savings " with higher ticket prices/ food/ beverage in general for everybody... lol... and don't kid yourself that the concession prices for food/ beverage are any bargain at Giants games either... lol

http://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/smart-money/the-5-most-expensive-nfl-stadiums-to-see-a-game/#slide=4

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

The Giants just pass on those " parking savings " to higher ticket prices in general for everybody... lol... and don't kid yourself that the concession prices for food/ beverage are any bargain at Giants games either... lol

That's to pay for the storage and recycling efforts for all those accumulated bottle tops they remove from the $6 dollar bottles of premier Secaucus water bottled from the Hackensack River. This keeps the disgruntled fans from centering the tops in a snowball aimed at Eagles and other pesky critters invading the field, like judges at USBands or DCI contests. Imagine what the Electronix and singing foes might do.

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Getting back to the subject matter here ( Cadets... 2018 ), is it confirmed that the Cadets will be doing a show revolving around the music compositions of composer Leonard Bernstein. We had head last off season that the agreement with his Estate was to  do a multi year effort . Is that still in the works as far as we know ?

Did you submit your $30 yet for the audition and experience materials? 

It would be counter productive to the fund raising efforts to cross those copyright boundaries by dispensing such info to you and all your friends without paying the proper fees.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Did you submit your $30 yet for the audition and experience materials? 

Not yet. I'm still looking for a sponsor.  It could take awhile.