Cadets 2018

Is no one going to bring up that the Director of USBands resigned on Friday... in the middle of band season... via the most scathing, bridge-burning letter that I think I've ever seen? If half of the stuff alleged is true... GH is a very bad person.

No one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, exitmusic said:

Is no one going to bring up that the Director of USBands resigned on Friday... in the middle of band season... via the most scathing, bridge-burning letter that I think I've ever seen? If half of the stuff alleged is true... GH is a very bad person.

No one?

Careful, you'll anger Mr. 2000Cadet :laughing::lle:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

No one?

Where would one look, if they wanted to read said letter?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sched88 said:

Don't worry; I will.  I just came to this conclusion recently after this summer.  Just wanted to put it in writing.  I know it doesn't really matter but had to speak my peace. I've been pretty silent about it for a while and just felt like it was time to say something.  That's all.

That's fine. Actions speak louder. I'm pretty much in the same boat sort of, but I just feel like there's no need for a major announcement. 

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Careful, you'll anger Mr. 2000Cadet :laughing::lle:

Stop being ridiculous. It has nothing to do with "angering" me. It has to do with the fact that people have to announce what they're doing to appease all the others who don't like Cadets anymore. If you're gonna do something, just do it. No one needs an announcement. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, exitmusic said:

No one?

More often than not, "I tender my resignation, effective today" or similar statements say more than scathing letters of resignation. So if the letter exists, one that is probably not necessary to post on DCP, take it with a grain of salt.

now men, go to your rooms, think about what you have done, and don't come out until you are ready to discuss the Cadets in a nice way even if you don't want to shake hands and start over. In light of the hurricane damage, is it all really a big deal?

34 minutes ago, xandandl said:

now men, go to your rooms, think about what you have done, and don't come out until you are ready to discuss the Cadets in a nice way even if you don't want to shake hands and start over. In light of the hurricane damage, is it all really a big deal?

Asking people in the D.C. area to get along is as dangerous as a hurricane.  The  economy is largely dependent on disagreement and blame.  Hurricane Harmony could knock out power there for weeks.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tim K said:

More often than not, "I tender my resignation, effective today" or similar statements say more than scathing letters of resignation. So if the letter exists, one that is probably not necessary to post on DCP, take it with a grain of salt.

True, but if it somehow ended up in my inbox....

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2017 at 10:19 AM, MikeD said:

I think they will have to continue expanding outside of their current geographical hubs, if they want to grow much more. MD  thru Mass, their original core area, and Texas are quite active. They have isolated shows in other areas,  which I would guess are their baby-steps to expand geographically.

He's having a hard time staffing shows now and cut pay for admin etc the week before the first shows 

• Like 2